JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all-
I bought my first Jeep two weeks ago (08 Black Ultimate X in MINT condition :grinpimp:) and noticed today that someone must have hit me in a parking lot somewhere as i have a small dent on the front bumper :bawling: I realize its a Jeep and I dont expect it to stay perfect for long, but geeze...2 weeks!!?
I was able to pop the dent out perfectly but now the plastic has turned white where the bumper flexed. I am trying to avoid painting the entire bumper since it will than not match the fenders, back bumper, etc. and would much rather touch up that one area.

Anyone know of a paint (spray paint, touch up paint etc) that matches the color of the stock front bumper cover (black)?

If anyone has a front bumper cover they are trying to get rid of and it is in good condition, that would be great also (all black w/ fog cutouts). I live in Nashville but would drive to meet or pay to ship.

Any assistance is MUCH appreciated. I have been overwhelmed by how much of a "family" jeep owners are and thank everyone in advance for all the help i have already recieved . I have already finished up a few of the entry mod projects (grille mod, electric tape door hinges , and of course the fatty duratracs on the way!!):bounce:

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,831 Posts
go to walmart and get spray on bedliner! :) You wont have to worry about scratches or white or black plastic sun fading! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heat it up with a heat gun..... be carefull but you should be able to get most of the white out

Because im to lazy to type here is the clifs notes
wow..i would have never thought of that. The "white stress marks" in the video are exactly what i am talking about...though mine are not nearly that bad. I dont have a heat gun but can try to track one down. thanks alot!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've done the heat gun on 4 Wheeler feeders many times. I bought my heat gun at harbor freight for less than $10.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It worked like a charm! Where before it was easily visible. you now have to get REALLY close and know exactly what your looking for to tell it was ever damaged. The heat gun really did a crazy good job getting rid of the white stress marks...made everything blend right back together.

THANKS!!!:bounce:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts