JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first ride and I want to know how to identify what rear end I have. It's a 07 wrangler unlimited x, please chime in. It has 10 bolts and says Dana but still clueless. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
You can run ur vin# thru chrysler to determine what's what w ur new ride. Will give u all the options/gear ratio etc. On the phone so I don't have the url handy.

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yup all the JK's rear is a D44.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yup all the JK's rear is a D44.
nope.. some early 2007 2-door models came with Dana35's in the rear...
saw one in person at a dealership back when the JK first came out.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
nope.. some early 2007 2-door models came with Dana35's in the rear...
saw one in person at a dealership back when the JK first came out.
When I got mine... there was no option for a 35 in the rear... bought it new when they first came out.... ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
From Allpar:

Providing unmatched wheel articulation and durability, Jeep Wrangler X and Sahara models featured an enhanced Dana 30 front axle and Dana 35 rear axle. For the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model – and optional with the trailer tow package on all models – heavy-duty front and rear axles were both Dana 44s, which featured numerous improvements. Providing significant underbody protection were three skid plates – protecting the fuel tank, transfer case and automatic transmission oil pan.
From Project-JK (yeah... I know) :shitstorm:

DANA 35
Dana 35 rear axles have a 7.56″ diameter ring gear and only showed up on a few 2007 Sahara and X model Jeep JK Wrangler 2-Doors before being replaced by Dana 44’s. These were available with a 3.21 and an optional 4.10 gear ratio. No limited slip or locking differential was offered for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts