JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost my 2013 JK after a low speed front bumper collision with a boulder. Declared a total loss by insurance mostly because of a front right bend in the frame and I live in Hawaii so everything is expensive. I bought a stock 2008 JK X style coming in next week. I believe the salvage estimate is $3400 for my 2013 it is a manual transmission with 75,000 miles, has a 4' suspension lift with 35s and wheels and other than the wreck no issues. Thinking about keeping it especially since the frame can be replaced (not sure how far bent yet). Anybody have experience or opinions to offer?

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
yeah. agree with USMC Gunny; buy yer baby as salvaged title . Modern frame straightening shops are affordable* even id imagine on the island state ; the 2008 can be your DD with the '13 now serving as your boulder-avoidance ( i find crawling OVER boulders preferable :wink_animate: - you need larger tires!),fun Jeep

:jeep2:

(* and the tech is very effective; there have been bent frame success sstories on here if you search ...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your support 😉 I am going to do most of the repairs myself but apparently in Hawaii it is "illegal" to fix frames so I'll have to get the front frame changed out and a new one welded in. Either way what's better than one jk but two or three

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for your support 😉 I am going to do most of the repairs myself but apparently in Hawaii it is "illegal" to fix frames so I'll have to get the front frame changed out and a new one welded in. Either way what's better than one jk but two or three
No welding to change the frame, it's all bolt in. Access to a 2 post lift would make it much easier to swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts