1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
The digital should give you a live reading like a beam torque wrench and work for you. It's about $370 overkill however. All you need is about a $30 in/lb I-beam torque wrench. The thing about what you are measuring isn't the fact that you don't need an "accurate" reading, but you need a repeatable reading. You just have to repeat the same reading you had before, "accurate" or not.

I'd say don't buy that because there aren't a whole lot of things you can use that small of a torque wrench for...but it's not my money.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Mac tools guy is coming today and I don't have a ton of time to look and see exactly what I need so i am asking for a quick save by the community. :th_pray:
will this torque wrench work for pinion bearing rotational torque?
http://www.mactools.com/ShopOnline/Product/tabid/120/productid/328059/variantid/318818/Default.aspx
and what size socket do i need for the pinion nut. Agian thanks for the help in advance.
That's not the proper wrench. It's range is 24-240 ft./lbs. (288 -2880 in/lbs)
What you want to measure is in the 10-20 or 20-40 in/lb range.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I didn't even catch that, who uses a 1/4" ratchet to torque up to 240ft/lbs? Really?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rotational torque

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a technician by trade tools are my toys just want to make sure that has the proper range for the rotation speed.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the spec I was looking for thanks goody

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I splurged just cause hopefully it will be here next week. I can't find it on the Mac tools website but sat down with my rep and found one in his catalog. 1/4 drive digital inch pound torque wrench 0-100 inch pounds was the rated specs in the catalog. How much was it?:stirthepot: Probably to much I never ask I just say ok Bob order it up.:thefinger: Next is a pinion depth tool. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for saving my ass on this one if our paths cross I owe ya a beer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am a technician by trade tools are my toys just want to make sure that has the proper range for the rotation speed.

I am such a tool. :flame: :suicide:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.