JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Torque Specs - From wanderingtrail

Here is a zip file containing JK torque specs among other valuable JK info.
Enjoy!

EDITED: Appearantly I got this from wanderingtrails site. I couldn't remember where I had found it after I posted it. But the info on that site is VERY useful and this is a bit of it.

MY official apology for not giving proper credit to begin with. :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Thanks for posting!! I was going to call the dealership tomorrow for a couple.:beer:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Nice work!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Nice.. You just saved me alot of time. Thx :beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Before you RIP me off, zip my file, you might want to do a better job at it or at least ask me for my permission to do it, or give me credit for originally writing it. Don't just steal it off my website and post it as your own.

Ron
ACTUALLY... I thought about giving the credit but couldn't remember where I picked it up.
I did NOT post it as my own, only that I know it is very helpful to many. By the way
Seriously.. Thank you for the information. and I do apologize for not giving proper credit! :beer:
PM me if you need to clear anything up. I really meant no harm to you.
But let me know if you prefer I either delete this or provide a link at your discretion.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
useful, thanks guys...:beer:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I though that was what the WWW was Free if it was not a ptotected file.
If you put a picture on the web anyone can down load and use it.
Information not protected on a web sight is free to down load.
Were did the information come from in the first place? "Jeep"

·
Registered
860 Posts
What is on the web is not "Free". Images, documents, files, websites all are intelectual property of the creator.

In this example. Even though Jeep created the torques, I compiled them, typed them in a document, and put them up in a file form for other people to use. Now if you come along, take that file, and put it up somewhere else, then you have "stolen" it. It's of course different if you asked the owner if you can "Use" it, or if you just print out the file to use at home, like a set of instructions.

Say you download a picture from someones site and use it in a pamphlet, or advertisement and you don't have permission from the photographer and subject, then you can be liable for a lawsuit. Those happen every day.

Ron

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree stuff that's on the net isn't free. But if you're going to be completely anal that someone's reposting it maybe you shouldn't be offering it up to the community in the first place. Why post it up if you don't want it shared?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Since I am the one who posted this here. Let me clarify a few things.

Ron from the Wanderingtrail site has some very thorough info for ALL jeepers. He gives it away with no problem at all. Check his site out and you will see this for yourself.
Info on the WWW or the Internet is indeed free (Free for personal use only), unless its locked up. BUT just like plagerizing, if you want to RE-DISTRIBUTE it then you should get permission from the originator, and if you DO take it as your own and try to sell it or profit from it, then you can easily face criminal charges.

Since the post, he and I have pm'd to clarify this stuff up. And I am taking that his post here was probably more of a "pissed for the moment" quick response then anything else.

It is a lot of hard and time consuming work to compile information.
My problem is that I search the net ALOT and google just about everything. When I find something I "right-click and save" I did this with these specs on one of my first visits to Ron's site. Then when I felt a need to add to this forum, I just zipped up the word doc and posted. With the intention of just making this forum more likely to be found by new Jeepers. BUT the doc didn't have any identity info in it, and I didn't know where I had gotten it from. (and because its just specs..no excuse.. but I might not have thought to give the proper credit or get the permission)

So to Ron.. Props for sure, the info he offers is very useful and practical.

As for me, I would have been just as happy to link (with permission) right to his site.

I didn't even originally view this thread after posting it, since I had no intention on even remotely taking credit for this, I just wanted to see it on this forum.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is a zip file containing JK torque specs among other valuable JK info.
Enjoy!

EDITED: Appearantly I got this from wanderingtrails site. I couldn't remember where I had found it after I posted it. But the info on that site is VERY useful and this is a bit of it.

MY official apology for not giving proper credit to begin with. :beer:
great find thanks for sharing :beer: that will come in handy and why are you so upset wanderingtrails bc he did not mention your name or were you looking to profit from your find??????

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the spec's.... will come in real handy.

FYI.....
wanderingtrail.com is a JEEP website.
wanderingtrails.com is a "Christian based, family owned and operated equine facility" website :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.