JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to download topos to thier My Gig Nav?
If so, what is the trick and did ie cause any problems?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was searching other threads for this and had no luck. You beat me to the post. Thanks for the help. I hope someone figured this out and answers before tomorrow night. . . .

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I read something on this about a year ago. can't be done. as soon as someone hacks the code then all hell will break lose. haven't kept up with the subject since then, but if anyone will know Mofv.com/Mygig forum will.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I have asked on several occasions and all I get is someone making notes and agreeing its a great idea. This could be a potential profit center for mopar.

Jason

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have asked on several occasions and all I get is someone making notes and agreeing its a great idea. This could be a potential profit center for mopar.

Jason
I agree. For the life of me I don't understand why Jeep didn't source Garmin or the like for the GPS software in the Jeep. I just don't understand why a vehicle that is designed to reside off the beaten path only has the capability to locate itself while on the beaten path. I guess it boils down to dollars and cents.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
yah, I never could understand that management decision either. The QNX code that they use will be hacked. some have already replaced the hard drive with a larger capacity and have been able to view the internals such as partitions but thats as far as they have gone. I see in the future the Topo abillity and also to turn it into satellite TV/video and even a keyboard and/or voice to text run to regular software like MS Office. BUT at least now we can at least follow the breadcrumbs back.:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Iphone has an app that you can use that can download & store any Topo map. After downloading the particular map, you do not need cell service, wifi, etc, to utilize the maps. Some maps are dated pertaining to recent trail changes, but gives the correct elevations & trail map. Pretty cool beans.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Get a Garmin Nuvi 500, it comes preloaded with Topo and you can throw it in your pocket for hikes etc.....

Mikey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts