1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
This line tells me we have fucktards running the country.

"And there's a simple reason why America's refiners have been eager to export to these markets: gasoline demand in the U.S. has been falling every year since 2007. It dropped by another 2.5 percent in 2011. With the economy struggling, motorists cut back. Also, cars and trucks have become more fuel-efficient and the government mandates the use of more corn-based ethanol fuel."

Why the fuck do they think demand is falling? Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that fuel is pushing $4/gal now could it? Someone needs to walk into the offices of every "big oil" company and beat the livin' shit outta' the top managers. I guarantee the demand for gasoline would rise considerably if they'd lower the prices back down to say $2/gal or less. Seems to me like every industry in the country would see an increase in business is fuel prices took that kind of plunge. And it would be a WIN-WIN for everyone.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This line tells me we have fucktards running the country.

"And there's a simple reason why America's refiners have been eager to export to these markets: gasoline demand in the U.S. has been falling every year since 2007. It dropped by another 2.5 percent in 2011. With the economy struggling, motorists cut back. Also, cars and trucks have become more fuel-efficient and the government mandates the use of more corn-based ethanol fuel."

Why the fuck do they think demand is falling? Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that fuel is pushing $4/gal now could it? Someone needs to walk into the offices of every "big oil" company and beat the livin' shit outta' the top managers. I guarantee the demand for gasoline would rise considerably if they'd lower the prices back down to say $2/gal or less. Seems to me like every industry in the country would see an increase in business is fuel prices took that kind of plunge. And it would be a WIN-WIN for everyone.
100% agree but then the big wigs at the gas and oil companies would lose money, which is a big no-no.
Raise prices, make more money, anything lower than that new amount in their pockets=losing money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
100% agree but then the big wigs at the gas and oil companies would lose money, which is a big no-no.
Raise prices, make more money, anything lower than that new amount in their pockets=losing money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When my wife was an oil & gas accountant, I could at least tolerate the bullshit that goes on in the industry because she got nice bonuses. But now that she's not and we have two vehicles that get 15mpg I get livid everytime I have to fill up.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Gas prices are up for a multitude of reasons. The "Big Oil Greed", while a factor, isn't one of the major contributors. The three biggest contributing factors (by far) are:
-oil speculation.
-devaluation of the US dollar.
-regulatory standards.

If you don't know what those are, PLEASE educate yourself before you open your mouth.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You forgot The global village, As we built up PRC, India every small MF country where we can mfg cheaper, outsoure , those ppl have gotten richer they buy cars, applianecs need more energy to run their countries . It’s not only petroleum it is happening in lots of areas including food

supply demand

·
Registered
821 Posts
When my wife was an oil & gas accountant, I could at least tolerate the bullshit that goes on in the industry because she got nice bonuses. But now that she's not and we have two vehicles that get 15mpg I get livid everytime I have to fill up.
This about says it all, now doesn't it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.