JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the NW WA area have a stock top they want to get rid of, got my jeep out of storage fron Iraq and its moldy :bawling:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I don't personally know of any available from our group, but I have seen multiple listings for softops on Craigslist for around $300.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
There is no way to have it treated/cleaned; maybe a boat shop? Lots of those up here. Just a thought. Sure they have seen the issue before.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, if you have the space and a sunny day, I'd spray it down with a mild bleach/soap mixture or maybe something like Simple Green or Krud Kutter. Then scrub it with a stiff nylon brush.

But if it's that nasty black mold and it's really thick, it will be difficult to clean from the underside and will probably stain it.

I could possibly be convinced to part with mine, but it's a 4-door. Looks like you have a 2-door?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Take it off and hit it with a brush and Simple green diluted. If that doesn't do it, step up to a mild bleach solution. It should come clean... Not that hard to do, I just cleaned 9 years of ick out of mine 2 weeks ago with the power washer and Simple green...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome back! I don't get on here much, but I'm right down the road in Lacey. If you want to come over, I'll give you a hand cleaning up the top. I think simple green and a stiff bristle brush would be a good place to start with refreshing your top. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the info, i'll give it try and see what happens, time to go shopping: simple green, brush and lots of :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts