JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here :)
I hope I don’t sound like a dummy (though I know I do... ), but I was hoping y’all might put my mind at ease over a dumb thing I did the other day...

Two days ago, I decided to take my Freedom Panels off for the first time. The guy at the dealership, who sold me my baby, did “tell” me how to take them off, but also confused me a bit. He did not fully take them off and while talking lifted the passenger side Panel up.
Then, the manual in my Jeep, had no instructions on how to remove a hard top 🤷🏼‍♀️
I live in a very rural area and service on your phone is hit or miss, so YouTube or anything on the internet to help was out of the question.
To make a long story short, I went rogue and did it myself 🤦🏼‍♀️ and end up take them off wrong in reverse (i.e. passenger side first, then driver side.)
Did I totally screw up? Should I be concerned?
On the some what bright side, I DO know I DID put them back on right!
Please, don’t laugh. I just wanna know if I made a big mistake.
Thanks, y’all 😕

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Assuming you released all the footman loops, torx and cam handles first, it shouldn't matter. The driver's side overlaps the passenger, so you might be able to damage the seal if you ripped the pass side first. Otherwise it'll just pop the driver's side up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Assuming you released all the footman loops, torx and cam handles first, it shouldn't matter. The driver's side overlaps the passenger, so you might be able to damage the seal if you ripped the pass side first. Otherwise it'll just pop the driver's side up.
I'd hose some water over the top at the windshield and above the passenger window to check for leaks.
But before then, I'd stop by the Welcome Room and introduce myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did release them all and I was very careful in taking it off.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease a bit!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd hose some water over the top at the windshield and above the passenger window to check for leaks.
But before then, I'd stop by the Welcome Room and introduce myself.
You are so right, I need to. I was already thinking about doing that. I didn’t hear any wind noise as I was driving after I put them back on, but I know that does mean anything.
Thanks for your advise and I will definitely stop by the Welcome Room and introduce myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts