JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to wire up a few sets of lights and was wondering if the lights I have will be too much. I'm going to wire up a set of rigid D2s and Duallys and a 20" led bar and rock lights. Would this be ok just wired to the battery is it smart to have it all wired to the battery or something like a spod or a black box? Or since it's all getting wired anyway would it really matter.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
i would just go straight to the battery with it. as long as its fused and possibly relayed you will be fine.
Yep. An sPod is nothing but a VERY NICE way to organize and wire up items. It is not necessary to do anything...but very convenient.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it worth wiring ot all to a kind of fuse box or just use the fuse and relays that came with the lights? I highly doubt that I will add any more lights than those so Im not sure of a box like that is worth it....

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I wouldn't even waste the effort tying LEDs to relays, they draw very little current. Cost is up to you on if it's worth it or not.

·
Registered
912 Posts
If the rock lights aren't led's I would run a relay.
The rigids should be fine. After you run them awhile check your switches. The might get hot. I had one melt. But I was running non LEDs and it was too many amps for the switch. I rewired with a relay and all is well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rock lights are led. I'm slowly switching all lights over to led except the headlights do in hoping that I will be ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts