JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST GOT IT INSTALLED AND NOW I HAVE A RUBBING NOISE,THE DS IS NOT RUBBING ANYTHING AND I FOLLOWED THE YOUTUBE VIDEO,WHAT COULD MAKE THIS NOISE,IT GETS LOUDER THE FASTER I GO AND IS CONSTANT :bawling:

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
put on jack stands, remove wheels, put lug nuts back on, put in gear, go look and listen.
no noise = front axle. remove rear shaft, put in 4wd, repeat above.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine came with grease but to beon the safe side I greased it anyway. It took quite a few pumps before I could c grease coming out so i am thinking it was undergreased. May want to try greasing it to c if u have the same issue I had.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you apply some grease on the pinion seal or yoke before you installed it? Did you over-torque the pinion nut?
I did grease the inner of the yolk not the outer, I'm afraid I might have over torqued it with the air gun the first time because the nut didn't budge at 160ftlb, after I removed it and took off the dust cover I just used the torque wrench to install it

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I did grease the inner of the yolk not the outer, I'm afraid I might have over torqued it with the air gun the first time because the nut didn't budge at 160ftlb, after I removed it and took off the dust cover I just used the torque wrench to install it
YOU NEEEEED TO CHECK THE PRELOAD !!

you may have killed the crush washer, get an in/lb torque wrench and check the preload before you drive any more.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, You def need to check this, but I don't think 160ft/lbs impact wrench is gonna crush the sleeve anymore.

Where are you at on this now?
well i took it aprt and shore enough it was the crush sleeve,i did minimum driving so no bearing damage,thank you guys so much,i am (or was a member on another jk forum and was offered no help at all,im going to stick here for now on.AGAIN thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts