JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This park is relatively new so I expect the reviews to get better. Located outside of Granbury.

Good potential 3 out of a possible score of 6.

Camping-Yes
Difficulty-No
Scenery-Yes
Amenities-No
Distance-Yes
Night run-No

The place has the potential to be great due to the distance from the metroplex, the acres available, and the overall beauty of the area. Over time the trails should erode into more challenging routes. The trail markers presently give little information. The site map is insufficient to say the least. The ability to camp closer to the 4x4 trails would make this park more attractive. Over all decent place with great potential.

·
Registered
143 Posts
With little to no info about the individual trails would you recommend this as a place to take my wife for her first foray into wheeling? Don't want to end up on a trail that neither of us has any business being on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With little to no info about the individual trails would you recommend this as a place to take my wife for her first foray into wheeling? Don't want to end up on a trail that neither of us has any business being on.
Definately, the one thing great about the park is the scenery. The trails switch back through the Cedars and any of the 3 or 4 harder obstructions have a bypass. Mostly driving through some washouts and s turns

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there a website with info and directions or a name I can google?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my opinion would be to go to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer for your wifes first time. it is a 6 out of 6 rating in my book. great camping and great trails with showers.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Been waiting on a review of this park, thanks:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts