JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm headed from San Diego back to Phoenix and my tire pressure light goes off, effing-A... I pull over at El Centro (driving 10 miles extra just to get to it, no issues, yet). In the parking lot I get out and inspect the tires, Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 37x12.50x17: front driver's side at 40psi, rear driver's at 40psi, spare at 40psi, rear passenger... hissing and at 20psi. Bingo, problem, checked the front, 40psi.

Bust out the hi-lift... it's busted. I have to use my multitool to manually move the plugs as I proceed the long process of jacking up the Jeep. A couple people on foot, not speaking a lick of english, ask if I need help but I respectfully decline (I do not want to injure them and be responsible, plus I have not idea if they know what they are doing or not). As I am still struggling with the hi-lift, a JK Rubicon drives by me and turns down the lot I am in and I am thinking, "great, someone who can give me a hand or at least ask 'what's up'"... no. He looks at me, hi-lift in hand, spare on the ground, and just drives off. It was then that I noticed his JK-Forum sticker on the side... c'mon man. This is why you guys have such a bad freaking rep, help a brother out. Plus, my JK is white, his was white, I had a 4" LA lift, he had a lift (2-3"?), I have 37's, he has 35's... very very similar, and yet he just drives on by...

I'll still stop for a fellow Jeeper and ask if they need any help, even if it looks like they have things under control, but at least offer it man. Nah, I'll just change my 37's on my own with a broken hi-lift, jackass.

douchebag :flame: me

BTW, this was an Achilles heel hit - missing the tread by half a centimeter, and this metal shard is about an inch wide and nearly wiggles... it's imbedded pretty damn deep.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
He wouldn't have known how to help you anyway! But that is pretty crappy to do!!!!

Psst!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
What a shit head! I stopped to pull out a YJ that got stuck in the center median 40 miles past Blythe on the I-10. The driver went to turn around and help her friends and then got buried in the silt. I was an hour late for my plans due to the stop, but that is the right thing to do... That was pretty shitty of that dude to make eye contact and not stop.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He wouldn't have known how to help you anyway! But that is pretty crappy to do!!!!

Psst!
I'm preeeetttty sure that was the case, given I didn't see a hi-lift on the hood or in the rear (maybe it was mounted on the inside, but I HIGHLY doubt it).

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I'm preeeetttty sure that was the case, given I didn't see a hi-lift on the hood or in the rear (maybe it was mounted on the inside, but I HIGHLY doubt it).
Don't judge, my Hi-Lift is inside the passenger compartment of my 2 door. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a shit head! I stopped to pull out a YJ that got stuck in the center median 40 miles past Blythe on the I-10. The driver went to turn around and help her friends and then got buried in the silt. I was an hour late for my plans due to the stop, but that is the right thing to do... That was pretty shitty of that dude to make eye contact and not stop.
Been there as well, I even pulled over (5 hours after this "incident") to assist a Prius that had its hazards on, open desert, and no one stopping to help them - of course, I was armed and felt "safe" to assist a Prius driver in the middle of the night, but AAA was on their way so I took the hint. Good citizen: check. Big Jeep offering help to a Prius owner: check, for the year :thankyou:

·
Registered
871 Posts
He probably saw that you had it handled.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346302426.497973.jpg

But really people are pretty shitty about helping others out now. I stopped and helped a lady with a flat on I-10 a while ago she said she was there 30 mins without anyone offering to help.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Sounds like that guy was just a lazy dick.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
First thing I learned about jeeps is that it's a brotherhood. You always help a fellow jeeper. Hell, always help anyone if you can. That's really eff'd up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Yup. Always.

Even if you're completely inept with tools and have no idea what you're doin, guy might just need an extra set of hands on something before he's good to go. Won't know if you don't stop to ask. Might even learn something.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I'd have to be really busy not to offer help for a fellow modded Jeeper. Regardless of the forum!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
you just stopped cuz it was a chick.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
You must have had a banned product on your jeep and he was afraid that he would become a loser if he helped you out.

Haha, blacklisted for helping a JKOwner's member out... :suicide:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
hahaha, yep he probably would have been of no help to you anyway.

A JKF group passed by our camp on the Swamp Lake trail 3 weeks ago, and all of them were built with 37s; we drank beer and watched them struggle to get over an easy obstacle for almost an hour - they couldn't drive, spot, and had no clue what they were doing; it was absolutely hilarious, especially considering that my club had bone stock JKs that climbed right over it. I went on a Pismo dunes run with JKF a couple years ago and was laughing my ass off because they insisted it was dangerous to back down the dunes if you didnt make it, so they spent all day winching people up dunes :laughing2:

Trust me, your better off helping yourself than getting any help from that group.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
hahaha, yep he probably would have been of no help to you anyway.

A JKF group passed by our camp on the Swamp Lake trail 3 weeks ago, and all of them were built with 37s; we drank beer and watched them struggle to get over an easy obstacle for almost an hour - they couldn't drive, spot, and had no clue what they were doing; it was absolutely hilarious, especially considering that my club had bone stock JKs that climbed right over it. I went on a Pismo dunes run with JKF a couple years ago and was laughing my ass off because they insisted it was dangerous to back down the dunes if you didnt make it, so they spent all day winching people up dunes :laughing2:

Trust me, your better off helping yourself than getting any help from that group.

surprised they didn't come over to jerk you guys off! :thefinger:

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Remember when it didn't matter what internet forum you were a part of on the trail? At the mall? In the real world, period?

Remember when you helped people because it was the right thing to do?

Remember when you could pull up along someone on the side of the road who might need help and the first thing that went through your mind wasn't "what if this is a ploy to rob and kill me?"

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
cuz when I stop and step out at 6'4" wth a 45 strapped on side they usually change their mind about their ploy.:thefinger: Now some of you smaller fellas might have a problem.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I make my wife laugh all the time just by parking far away from the enternce at some store just so i can park next to another jeep let alone if they needed help that is some messed up chit

1 - 20 of 107 Posts