JKOwners Forum banner

What should I do about my uninstalled Goodies

• Don't put them on (particularly the wheels and tires) until Chrysler fixes the tranny problems.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Screw Chrysler. Bolt it all on and wheel the hell out of it!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Install everything except the wheels and tires even though it will look stupid on the minivan rubber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pray that it's crushed by a falling tree so I can get a new one.

Votes: 5 20.8%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may be aware, I'm having all kinds of transmission / torque converter problems with my Jeep. Independent transmission shops as well as my regular mechanic all agree that this thing is hosed but Chrysler refuses to acknowledge the problem. With that as the background, I need opinions on wether or not I should start bolting on all the goodies (sorry C-rog) I have been stacking up out in the barn. So far, I have Rubi wheels and tires, CB with cooltech antenna, Hella 500 driving lights and a Smittybilt SRC front bumper, that are not installed. What do you guys think?

A

·
0 Posts
I'd wait untill you get it fixed incase they use the mods as an excuse not to cover it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A brother needs a little help, and you guys go and side with my wife. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
you can do the lights and CB but i would wait on the bumper for sure. The tires... not sure because how can Jeep claim that their STOCK wheels and tires that are standard on the Rubicon, optional on other models can cause a problem?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can do the lights and CB but i would wait on the bumper for sure. The tires... not sure because how can Jeep claim that their STOCK wheels and tires that are standard on the Rubicon, optional on other models can cause a problem?
So here's the problem. While the wheels are available as an option on my Jeep, the tires are not. You can get some Bridgestone ATs in the same size as optional equipment, but the BFG MTs are only available on the Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
well as long as it is the same size tire they offer and its not an extreme mud tread design I dont see how they could argue anything

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not aware of the problems that you've been having with your torque converter and transmission. What I have heard many times, though, is that dealerships vary significantly in how they handle warranty repairs, particularly with vehicles that are modified. If you aren't having any luck with one dealership, you might try a different one - perhaps making some inquiries locally to see if there's an offroad friendly dealership nearby.

The other thing you might try, if you haven't already, is getting copies of both of the TSB's relating to the torque converter and taking them to the dealership with you. That might help if they claim it isn't a problem and you can show them their own documentation stating that it is and what the recommended fix for it is.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Here in the Northeast I've found that dealerships are not very well prepared to deal with vehicles that have been modified from stock. I haven't modified my Rubi... yet. But when I do, I fully expect to get hosed at the stealership. :shaking:

Because of that I'd recommend patience and get the transmission issue fixed first, despite it being a total PITA.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because of that I'd recommend patience and get the transmission issue fixed first, despite it being a total PITA.
Patience is not my strong suite.............just ask my wife. :D I do have an appointment with a new dealer for a week from tomorrow. I will TRY to restrain myself until then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK..........dealer drove the Jeep today and I think they might actually agree that there is some sort of problem. They said that they, "had to do a little research and would get back to me". I hate waiting. :pissed: I'm gonna bolt this stuff on. No I'm not. Yes I am. No I'm not. Crap. :bawling:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would bolt it on, as they have seen it with everything off... how can they say it caused the problem:thefinger:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would bolt it on, as they have seen it with everything off... how can they say it caused the problem:thefinger:
Good point. But with the luck I've had getting dealer's to do ANYTHING, I think I'm going to wait. Good to meet you too! That is one nice rig you have, and completely covered in mud is just an added bonus. :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer called to tell me that my parts are in and to schedule an appointment. Jeep goes in first thing Monday morning and they told me to expect that they would have it for a while. YEAH!!!! HOT DAMN!!! GOODIE!!!! (sorry C-rog) :csmile::D:D:D If it's really fixed, I'll have all my goodies (sorry again) on by the following weekend.

A

·
0 Posts
The dealer called to tell me that my parts are in and to schedule an appointment. Jeep goes in first thing Monday morning and they told me to expect that they would have it for a while. YEAH!!!! HOT DAMN!!! GOODIE!!!! (sorry C-rog) :csmile::D:D:D If it's really fixed, I'll have all my goodies (sorry again) on by the following weekend.
Contrats. When you get it back we need a fully detailed goodie installation report of all your new goodies.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Contrats. When you get it back we need a fully detailed goodie installation report of all your new goodies.
Goodie, I'll look forward to it. :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trust me..........if this works, the mods will be installed within 3 hours of arriving home. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts