JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally going to fill the hole in the Wifes front bumper. I am curious as to what winch those that have the LOD bumper have put in.

Also pros and cons, how it fit, etc. etc.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has an LOD bumper?

Or am I the thread killer, I knew I should have had the wife post, so she (I) would get a response:lol:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
YOu don't have to have your wife post, pics of your wife in the post gets the response :lol:

Just kiding by the way, just wanted to bust your balls get you at least one post that wasn't yours in this thread. To top it all off I do not have the LOD bumper , lol sorry man

I personalyy run the Tabor 9k winch. I took this off my XJ. I have used it many times. Mostly with XJ's and a few random vehicles from cars to full size rigs. I have been in situations that required snatch blocks and even some pretty long sessions. All this time I have used cable on it. It does get hot especially when braking. I just switched to synthetic rope. I went with the fire line. I have used it twice with no issues. I am curious as to how it will do when I really get it hot. As far as the winch goes, it is made by Warn. It does not have some of the specs some of thier high end winches have but it is not bad. It seems durable so far. It also uses the same parts as a warn so repair and rebuilding is easy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey thanks for the reply. I was going to go w/ Warn 8000 or superwinch epi9000, I remember reading something in another forum about some winches not lining up correctly, so before I bought one I wanted to get some input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts