• wrap the springs in bacon to make them substantially stronger

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running rustys 2" spring kit. with 35x1250r15 dynapros measuring almost a true 35"

when flexing im rubbing in the front and the back but cant decide if i just should cut the fenders a bit. or if i should get some pucks to help out a bit. also running an aftermarket bumper and winch soon. my only regret with cutting is if im going on a road trip i dont wanna get any hassle from the HP.

what do yall think?

jk in question

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
JMO- If you like the look, and you need a little clearance, then cut 'em.

If tire coverage is required in your state then I wouldn't do it, but if you're traveling out of state, they are usually pretty cool about letting you go without a ticket.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
It's easy to say when it's someone else's rig, but since you asked..., I'd say "CUT".

Re: Highway Patrol... There are some things in life that I'm not going to lose sleep over. A few of which are tinted windows, no mud flaps (req'd in some states), thinner fenders, etc. If an HP pulls me over for my Narrow Width River Raider Tube Fenders, I'll either reason with him/her, or crawl over their patrol car, rendering any pursuit attempt useless. :D

RC

·
Registered
342 Posts
you know what i say.... buy a case of beer and cut those bad boys off... you going to cut ur painted ones or did you get the others

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know what i say.... buy a case of beer and cut those bad boys off... you going to cut ur painted ones or did you get the others
no way would i cut sahara flares... if you want a set of black ones to cut PM jeepnick. i know he has a set.
i havent decided about cutting the sahara flares. there is a guy local that wants to trade flares with me. "his is blacked and blinged out" :laughing: he has the regular flares.

but i kinda wanna cut these because i really like the color match. who knows what ill do

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's easy to say when it's someone else's rig, but since you asked..., I'd say "CUT".

Re: Highway Patrol... There are some things in life that I'm not going to lose sleep over. A few of which are tinted windows, no mud flaps (req'd in some states), thinner fenders, etc. If an HP pulls me over for my Narrow Width River Raider Tube Fenders, I'll either reason with him/her, or crawl over their patrol car, rendering any pursuit attempt useless. :D

RC
Windows and doors are for protection from the elements only, not to be used as bullet proof shields.

oh yeah - Cut

1 - 14 of 14 Posts