JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some leftover TJ Rubicon Springs and they where exactly 1 coil longer so I stuck them in the front and installed some teraflex shocks from their 3" kit. I also installed the bumpstop in the front so the shock wouldn't bottom out but I gained about 2" of flex. Does anybody have the rear spacers out of the teraflex 2.5 BB. If I don't have that one the spring will fallout using the rear teraflex 3" shocks. I could use some coil retainers but a bigger spacer would work better. All in all the ride of those TJ springs are a little stiffer but it could be the new shocks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had some leftover TJ Rubicon Springs and they where exactly 1 coil longer so I stuck them in the front and installed some teraflex shocks from their 3" kit. I also installed the bumpstop in the front so the shock wouldn't bottom out but I gained about 2" of flex. Does anybody have the rear spacers out of the teraflex 2.5 BB. If I don't have that one the spring will fallout using the rear teraflex 3" shocks. I could use some coil retainers but a bigger spacer would work better. All in all the ride of those TJ springs are a little stiffer but it could be the new shocks.
Interesting. I figured this would work. I have some left over springs from a few TJ's I owned.
So...how much did you gain in height? One inch?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have some RE 5.5" springs for a tj and they will fit a jk perfectly in the front and the back is just slightly different. if i could get away with it without my wife killing me i would do it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah about a inch. It sat level before and now sits slightly higher in the front. I also installed the 1/2 spring isolator in the rear that I took out to level the jeep. After driving it a few day the springs are noticably stiffer. I think it handles much better now.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah about a inch. It sat level before and now sits slightly higher in the front. I also installed the 1/2 spring isolator in the rear that I took out to level the jeep. After driving it a few day the springs are noticably stiffer. I think it handles much better now.
This is great information. I think many people would like to know this.
I would imagine that the TJ springs are more firm due to the heavier 258 inline six. I also wonder about the shocks that you are using. This usually contributes to a firm ride more than the springs themselves.

Now I wonder if the rear springs will work as well. I think they would, however, the upper and lower seating areas of the coils are different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts