JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a bunch of us got together over the weekend for some mudbogging and "light" climbing.on e of my buddies decided he was going to try and conquer the hill that was passable by 4 wheelers only.he drove up one of the smaller trails and almost went end over end,so when he said he was going over the top,I had to get the camera ready.here's what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7gVcZL6rXM

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Gotta tell you. I've watched this video a couple of times and I keep asking myself why. Why didn't you guys try to stop him or at least offer a spot? Was nobody close enough to at least pull down on the uphill side of the Jeep? If somebody offered assistance and he refused, that's one thing, but he wouldn't ride with me if that was the case. I'm not trying to knock on you guys, but somebody could have easily been hurt and it looks like a little more caution should have been taken.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta tell you. I've watched this video a couple of times and I keep asking myself why. Why didn't you guys try to stop him or at least offer a spot? Was nobody close enough to at least pull down on the uphill side of the Jeep? If somebody offered assistance and he refused, that's one thing, but he wouldn't ride with me if that was the case. I'm not trying to knock on you guys, but somebody could have easily been hurt and it looks like a little more caution should have been taken.
Rotor,
I have responded to this question many times from others.He was a little reckless as far as checking his own line,running his own line, and doing it without a spotter.I still do not fault him.He knew,I knew, we all knew, that if he started to roll, no one could stop him.There was no way to grab the jeep when it started to roll and keep it from rolling.The hill was too steep and it would only cause more personal injury if someone grabbed it.His jeep was more than equipped to handle a roll b/c of the safety features it had and he was an experienced driver.He was strapped in and the full roll cage was installed.Yes,there could have been some serious injury,but he knew the consequences and it was just an accident.A slight miscalculation o f the turn is what did him in.The only way to have kept the jeep from rolling was to not try it.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Rotor,
I have responded to this question many times from others.He was a little reckless as far as checking his own line,running his own line, and doing it without a spotter.I still do not fault him.He knew,I knew, we all knew, that if he started to roll, no one could stop him.There was no way to grab the jeep when it started to roll and keep it from rolling.The hill was too steep and it would only cause more personal injury if someone grabbed it.His jeep was more than equipped to handle a roll b/c of the safety features it had and he was an experienced driver.He was strapped in and the full roll cage was installed.Yes,there could have been some serious injury,but he knew the consequences and it was just an accident.A slight miscalculation o f the turn is what did him in.The only way to have kept the jeep from rolling was to not try it.

Fair enough. He definitely took the wrong line.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough. He definitely took the wrong line.
IMO,all he had to do was make a three-point turn at the top.I know it was tight,but I think he could have made it.He just did everything so quick and that's what cost him.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know the guy....

You think, deep down, he wanted to roll? Maybe not then, but at some point? I only ask, cuz I have friends like that.
I met the guy once before,this was the first time wheeling with him.I almost got the impression he didn't care if he rolled and he didn't care after he rolled.He told me this was his third rollover if that gives you any idea about him.I don't think he sought out to roll,but he almost looks at it as street cred.JMHO.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I met the guy once before,this was the first time wheeling with him.I almost got the impression he didn't care if he rolled and he didn't care after he rolled.He told me this was his third rollover if that gives you any idea about him.I don't think he sought out to roll,but he almost looks at it as street cred.JMHO.
I dont know why, but that's the impression I got. Body language after the rollover and your description probably gave me that idea.

Hey...more power to him. Like I said, I'd be crying like a b!tch.

Edit: LOL I was at work when I frist watched it - no audio. I'm at home now - Beer bottles crashing was hilarious!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't really fault the guy or anyone there. We all know the risks involved with our hobby and should try to stick to the level of risk we're comfortable with. Personally, I avoid wheeling with guys that don't care if they roll, because they generally don't care if you roll. And I sure as sheet care if I roll.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Edit: LOL I was at work when I frist watched it - no audio. I'm at home now - Beer bottles crashing was hilarious!!!
I am at work :bawling:

Cant wait to get home and watch with Audio!

And Tony, I am with ya man... I stay away from the over confident or plain just dont care kinda guys.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts

So basically he's a dumbass.:thefinger:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So basically he's a dumbass.:thefinger:
that's a good description.I also agree I do not want to roll and I do not want to have a spotter who doesn't care if I roll.Ofcourse,guys like that are here for our entertainment.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow,Nice video.That would really suck :bawling:

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
did the windsheild even break? if all that happened was crushed fenders its good excuse for some flatties and a big hoop on the front

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It looked like a pretty soft roll. meaning grassy and muddy soft. It kinda looked like fun. I've rolled a few cars at freeway speed and both times I thought I was a gonner. Not fun. I still have asphalt in my shoulder. I'm sure he had to change his shorts after. I always try to go straight when descending. I'm makin me a rollbar asap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts