JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wheeling with other people in their rigs for years I finally bought my own. In Feb. '07 I picked up an '04 rubi for a good price and ASSUMED it would be the first and last heap I would ever need. I had a peak at the new JK's but just ASSUMED DC, under govt pressure, would ruin the Wranglers offroad-ability with all sorts of complicated saftey contraptions. I'm starting to get the sence that that is not the case. I registered here to see what JK owners think of their rigs compared to older jeeps offroad and on. I love my TJ but MAYBE my fiance can be convinced to trade for a 4 door Rubicon...
MAYBE :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nah, they didn't ruin it....just added some minor annoyances tis all :D . I'm an ex TJ'er myself (and YJ'er and CJ'er) and didn't think I'd end up with a JK either. They're most certainly nice rigs, but you can't go wrong either way...as long as you've got yourself a Jeep. Welcome aboard.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I use mine a bit. It seems very capable.

I'm more utilitarian but I can live with the comfort of the JK.

I've had a work Cherokee and a CJ back in '76. The JK wins, hands down.

G

·
0 Posts
I've had both a TJ and now a JK. I definitely prefer the JK at this point. I think the added length and width make it a bit more stable offroad. Onroad it's a lot nicer and it has more room inside for both comfort and gear. I was skeptical about all the electronics at first but have come to really like them. You can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Had a CJ7 back in 79,....yes I'm that old/ also a 48 Willys, this JK is a whole new ball game. this sunday drove to Rausch Parkd Pa. on rt 81 at 65/70 mph around 50 miles, get there , Disco & Air down, wheel pretty hard for approx 6 hours, re-connect/air up & back down the highway at 70 with the air on cool & comfy. Room in the back is unlimited, lay the seats down & just dump anything in no need to plan where your going to put the second bag of groceries,..LOL Very civilized but yet very very very capable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's a recent quote about my Jeep from a TJ owner with a built rig:

This is one Bad A$$ rig it simply amazes me. He's running 37s

I've been wheeling with him since March of this year, and him and quite a few other guys have made numerous comments about how good the JK Unlimited works off road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts