JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this is a hard question since most folks have not had different lifts on the same jeep. But lets try this anyway.

We are going to rebuild one of the older jeeps in the family.

We have a 2003 TJ. We are going to remove the current lift. It has Ox lockers.

It is going to live in Moab.

We are going to install a long arm suspension with 35 tires.

First, what additional items are needed, for instance steering correction, etc.

So the question....

What long arm suspension would you guys recommend for a jeep that will do mostly 5's and 6's in Moab?

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had a 99TJ for 13 years before my JK. I had a 6" Teraflex Longarm it was great. Clayton would be a nice setup as well. I also had OX Lockers. Loved those too. 4.88 gears with a Superior Super35. never an issue. A Slip Yoke Elimintor with a new drive shaft. I had the stock steering setup with no issues ever. However, I would say getting the heavy duty Currie steering for it would be a good idea for what you are doing. Or some a high steering kit. A ford 8.8 out of an explorer is a great relatively inexpensive upgrade. I believe 95+ will get you disk brakes. Thick ring gears. Personally for me I always wanted a Ford 9".

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
I've had 6 tj's. long arm wise one had a clayton 4 link (was awesome), one had a rubicon express (seemed to hold up ok, but had it's issues), my current rig has a full traction (i like it, but the exhaust is tough to route and getting replacement parts from FT is taking FUCKING forever) (need a trac bar bushing, it's been over a month since ordered).

my buddy had the rock krawler 4 link on his LJ and it was awesome.

in addition to the lift you need a SYE and driveshaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts