JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm looking to get a 3" lift here pretty soon. Probably bd or teraflex. However I wanted to get peoples choice of tires. I drive 60 miles round trip to work each day and want 33 or 35's really really really want 35's. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Go with 35's and re-gear and you'll be very happy. I'd personally go with MT's, something like the BFG MT KM2.

BTW Add a 1" body lift and you can run 37's also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really like my Maxxis BigHorns 305/70/17. There about 33.5 real world measurement with 24psi of air in them. I commute pretty regularly through LA from Santa Barbara which is about 80 miles of some of the worst Socal freeways and I couldn't be happier with them. They have been wearing good and they don't have an obscene noise profile. Also there about one of the most inexpensive tires at that size.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You told us you drive 60 mi. round trip to work, I assume pavement. It sounds like you want 35's and since it's a daily driver, I would seriously consider BFG All Terrains. the BFG AT wears well and works well for most conditions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya pavement all the way, looking for more of a mud terrain, I have been looking at pro comp or maxxis bighorns and yes definately 35's

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just got some 315/70/17 MTZ's. I drive 64 miles per day round trip to work. I love them so far. Pretty quiet, great in the snow and ice. Also got a great deal through Hazmat offroad on them. They are a Pirate vendor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
HEY IF IT IS A DAILY DRIVER AND YOU DO SOME OFFROADING GO WITH THE 33" BFG KM2 JUST THINK ALL THAT EXTRA WEIGHT AND REGEARING NOT TO MENTION YOUR :pissed:STOP AND GO TRAFIC:pissed: YOU ONLY HAVE A V-6:bawling: YES I THINK THE 35" WOULD LOOK GREAT BUT HERE S ANOTHER THING YOUR DRIVE TRAIN WARRENTY 33" HAS NO ALTERING AFFECTS CHECK WITH YOUR DEALER THAT SHOULD BE YOUR FINAL CHOICH :confused: DONT FORGET THE GAS PRICES

·
Registered
5 Posts
i've got 35' bighorns on my jeep and love them!!! i drive mostly down the road with mine and they do real well and then once you take em off road they're even better so definetly a great tire especially for the price

·
Registered
83 Posts
Word. I have 3000 miles on mine now and couldn't be any happier. I will definetly buy another set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts