JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get either the pit bull mad dog 38.5" or the km2 38's... I have the km2 37's now and want to achieve a bit more clearance and was wondering if the mad dog may offer a bit more bite offroad. I don't mud bog but do mostly rocks, dirt, and trail. Rock is my favorite but here in south a lot of times its got dirt and or wet conditions mixed in with it. It is my daily driver so I can't get a crawler or bias ply... Both of the above are available in radial and I don't care which one will last longest on street, this is solely to get opinions on how they compare offroad.
Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets say price isn't a concern, I want the best of the offroad of these two tires. You can pm me a price. I have a price on the km2's not the pit bulls. which one grips the best in rocks, dirt, trail is really what I want regardless of price. I'm going to sell my km2 37's as they have plenty of life left.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I say try the pitbulls. You've have KM2's now, so you know how they are gonna perform, why not try something different? Checkout www.offroaders.com, theres tons of tire reviews on there.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Another thing to remember is that the pitbull maddogs are much closer
To advertised size than the Km2's. I've run both and the mad dogs are definately ALOT better offroad.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing to remember is that the pitbull maddogs are much closer
To advertised size than the Km2's. I've run both and the mad dogs are definately ALOT better offroad.
exactly what I am probably not happy about my 37"km2's now, they look more like 36's which seems to be standard sizing with the exception of a couple I've seen like pitbull and maxis. My curiosity is peaking on the 38.5 mad-dogs. Now just got to decide if I will sell my km2's with or without the rims I have which are the teflon coated, (scratched now), and just get some spyder locks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you're debating between the 2, it becomes a non-issue. The maddogs last just as long if not longer than the Km2's, are even friendlier on road (albeit, alittle louder), and kick ass off road on the Km2's!

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Anyone on here running the 38.5 Mad dogs?

I've been on the KM2 kick for a while but my next tire I want to be a 37 or larger...i've been between the 38.5 KM2 (radial), 39.5 IROK (bias), 37 Pit Bull rocker (radial or bias), and now the 38.5 Mad Dog (radial). I had all but decided on the IROK, but seeing as how my jeep tends to sit between runs, i know I'd regret the bias everytime i drive it and have to deal with the wobble from flat spotting.

The 38.5 mad dog seems pretty much dead on perfect for the kind of wheeling I do based on reviews i've read online...but i don't know anyone who's personally run them.

Whats the deal with the mad dogs?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
the rockers are nice and i am debating them for my DD.... but you cant go wrong with MTR/k's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts