JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story. Just got my '15 JKUR HR in sunset pearl (love the jeep) and ordered $6k in parts from Rubitrux (bumper, winch, flares, bikini, rims, tires, etc.....) Tires show up unmounted. WTF am I supposed to do with that? If I order rims AND tires from a website at the same time on the same order; can you use some common f'n sense and at least mount them? Even, a taco bell employee might have the IQ to call me and ask if I wanted them mounted. Got another $10k-15k of stuff to order and I know who the F I ain't using!!!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow. Um entitled much?

You want them to build your jeep for you too? Take em to a tire shop and have them mounted just like the rest of us, or god forbid, you do it yourself.

Pretty often, tires and wheels will be shipped from the manufacturers, it's not like they are going to pay to have them shipped to them, spend $100 in labor to mount them, and then ship them to you. Its just not reasonable unless you have the kind of infrastructure that places like quadratec and northridge have, and they ADVERTISE that the tires and wheels are mounted.

Reactions: Mbgt72

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Short story. Just got my '15 JKUR HR in sunset pearl (love the jeep) and ordered $6k in parts from Rubitrux (bumper, winch, flares, bikini, rims, tires, etc.....) Tires show up unmounted. WTF am I supposed to do with that? If I order rims AND tires from a website at the same time on the same order; can you use some common f'n sense and at least mount them? Even, a taco bell employee might have the IQ to call me and ask if I wanted them mounted. Got another $10k-15k of stuff to order and I know who the F I ain't using!!!!!
Maybe there was some tech in your post that I missed.............nope, just read it again, no tech, just you whining like a bitch. If you want to whine like a bitch, we have a section for that.......wait.......nope, we don't have a section for whining like a bitch, cause it's just plain childish and silly.

Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Wow. Um entitled much?

You want them to build your jeep for you too? Take em to a tire shop and have them mounted just like the rest of us, or god forbid, you do it yourself.
Well his wheel question was in modified sec too. Maybe feels like a safe place. Since chat is even softer, I'll just throw this over there.

BTW... what is with assuming/ expecting something to be done if it was never communicated/ specified?? Not sure I understand.

Last time I ordered ball joints, I really had my hopes up for a hot young chick with no shirt on, to deliver the pkg and just jump up and down on the front porch until I opened the door... but I wasn't super upset when Jose showed up instead.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I apologize for these rude comments from our members here. You see, whatcha need to do is to post this over at the Pirate 4X4 site. They're far more understating and will make things right for you! Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Friend request sent........[drops the mic]

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Well hello there and welcome to the welcome section...........wait, this is chit chat where anything goes...........except tech and certainly not for newbies introducing themselves to the members first. Yeah, I would certainly follow Un Lupus' suggestion and ask this question at Pirate 4x4. They put up with winey ass little bitch boys who can't figure out shit for themselves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the whining type and I have built a couple long arm TJ's and FJ40's on one tons - doing all the fab work myself. I spend a fair amount of $$$ on accessories for my cars and after ten or so sets of rims and tire arriving pre-mounted; I assumed that's how everyone did it........

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Not the whining type and I have built a couple long arm TJ's and FJ40's on one tons - doing all the fab work myself. I spend a fair amount of $$$ on accessories for my cars and after ten or so sets of rims and tire arriving pre-mounted; I assumed that's how everyone did it........
You don't have to explain yourself or apologize for expecting customer service. Those shitz should've shown up mounted.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I looked up the website and took a virtual walk around looking for anywhere that it may say that you get tires and wheels mounted and balanced. Nothing. There is a little blurb on the left side saying that if you desire additional custom ordering, call them and request. I think the ASSumption was wrong in this particular case. Now you just take them to your local tire shop and have them mounted and balanced. Not a big deal.

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you've seen that you need thick skin and a flame suite on while posting here. If your able work past that, there is a lot of good information and people on here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Generally speaking, I'd only expect wheels and tires to come mounted if buying from a major wheel/tire chain, or maybe a couple of the large distributors. I'd doubt Rubitrux carries an inventory of wheels and tires and it would be cost prohibitive for them to ship them in just to mount and balance and then ship out. Also, any chain that does mount and balance will put it on the invoice showing it is included. It isn't a given, some people may not want them mounted. If I have ever ordered from Discount Tire Direct or similar, I have specified mounted and balanced.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I realize it is a pain to have to take them and have them mounted, but it's strange to get that upset about it.

What if they assumed someone wanted them mounted and it turned out they were for two different projects (uncommon, but very possible scenario). You would have been just as upset and made a forum post like this:

"WTF, I guess you can't order wheels and tires these days without having them come mounted. I ordered a set of tires for my truck, and new wheels for my Jeep and they showed up mounted together! WTF am I supposed to do with that!? I never told them I wanted them mounted. Even a (random insult to the intelligence of a group of workers) would have had the sense to ask before simply sending them mounted."

Just saying.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts

I quickly perused their website as if I wanted tires/wheels ( I certainly would not have gotten them from that place : $$$!*) but see not one iota of suggestion that they send mounted and balanced wheels and tires. Even from the order form . A call beforehand might have been wise when spending a large dollar amount. Maybe you did ask. Either way, taking tires and wheels to Discount Tire or a suitable tire shop for semi trucks should be easy and not too expensive. Welcome to JKOwners and hope that helps.
This is in no way Rubitrux's ,or whatever they are named , fault. You didnt do your homework on a high dollar purchase, bud.

* special, helpful suggestion: Discount Tire Direct - a vendor on this forum - as well as DesertRat ship properly mounted and balanced wheels/tires for off road vehicles and I have had great experiences with both. Just for the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, i was buying a bunch of stuff and it was easier to add the wheels/tires on the order. They seem like a very full service shop/website - didn't think i needed to ask for mounting. Lesson learned

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
First welcome to JKO...

I am not going to say assuming they were going to come mounted and balanced was right but from a vendor stand point, a phone call or email to you would have been justified to SEE if you wanted them mounted and balanced. Even if it was going to cost more. We ship 90% off our wheels and tires mounted and balanced. If we don't, we always ask if they want it done.

-Jason

1 - 20 of 43 Posts