JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed many times. But I am torn between a set of 35 inch tires which I have sitting in the garage. Take offs from my raptor. Or go to 33 inch tires. I installed a 3 inch icon suspension. Jks track bars and jks lower extended front control arms. Looks strange with stock tires and wheels. Got some method mr 301 wheels. Either size I know I will need to regear I have the stock 321. 6 speed trans. So my question is. Should I just go for it and do the 35 inch bfg's all terrains. Or 33 inch in some other make. Will 33 tires look too small. Will I be sorry and want the 35 inch tires. Have looked at a ton of different set ups.

· Registered
565 Posts
Use the 35's you have now and instead of buying new 33's, take that money and regear your Jeep.

The 33's may scratch your itch for now, but you'll end up wanting 35's later anyhow.

I don't even like BFG All Terrains (was very disappointed in the KM2's), but in the end You'll be glad you went with 35's and a regear.

· Registered
100 Posts
a 33 is a little bigger than the stock tire on the 17 inch wheel package. a 33 will be just fine with 3.21 as it comes about that way stock anyway and youll never notice it on the newer pentastar motor. but if youve already got the 35's, why not run em. youll more than likely have to re gear but like i said above, that motor will turn those tires just about no matter what

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.