JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on 33 x 12.5 tires with out the lift yesterday and noticed a little rub when I make a hard right. Will this go away after I put on my 2.5 bb or am I going to need spacers as well? May be I should only turn left......:smokin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have the stock moab rims. I was afraid of that:shaking: Already in trouble for the tires and soon to be lift. Left hand turns it is then...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
So you can get the 33” tires before the lift as long as you get new rims??? Do the 33s bottom out with the stock suspension?:smokin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Steering stops

Put on 33 x 12.5 tires with out the lift yesterday and noticed a little rub when I make a hard right. Will this go away after I put on my 2.5 bb or am I going to need spacers as well? May be I should only turn left......:smokin:

As a short term solution, you may remove the "steering stops" from the outer knuckles and stack washers under it. This will increase your turning radius but it will eliminate your rubbing issue.

I wonder if you would have to buy spacers for the rims? What does the clearance look like for the rear?

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you have a stock bumper. The tires might be rubbing on the airdamn under the bumper. If so, pull it off.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
If you have a stock bumper. The tires might be rubbing on the airdamn under the bumper. If so, pull it off.
Yeah... exactly where are you rubbing and how bad. You might can get away with some slight rubbing or eliminate your exact issue more readily depending upon what and where.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Don't have the problem...

...have what is purported to be a 33" tire on a no lift stock JK (BFG KM2 285x 70x 17) on a stock MOAB rim...no rub...it probably helps that I got rid of the air dam and have Bilstein shocks...otherwise, I don't see why this is an issue when you go up and out an inch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts