JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking to get new 35" A/T tires and new rims.
My Jeep is my DD and Im not looking to spend crazy $$ since I only occasionally go wheeling.

I found a deal for 5 brand new 35x12.5 r17 Atturo Trail Blades XT with 17" Helo 878 wheels.
I can score this package for about $1700

What do you guys think, is this worth it? Im looking for a deal but I also dont want to waste money on trash products.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking to get new 35" A/T tires and new rims.

My Jeep is my DD and Im not looking to spend crazy $$ since I only occasionally go wheeling.

I found a deal for 5 brand new 35x12.5 r17 Atturo Trail Blades XT with 17" Helo 878 wheels.

I can score this package for about $1700

What do you guys think, is this worth it? Im looking for a deal but I also dont want to waste money on trash products.

Thanks!

I have those helos on my jk with nitto trail grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
While certainly not the most technical Jeeper here, I scored some 35s and was initially concerned with its road manners. We are all different, however my 34.6 on a four door 3.6/4.10 has been fine. The jump from stock can be described as somewhat sluggish and more truck like. Had the tire size increased, the ring and pinion be lower, or the engine been less powerful I'd have some regrets. HD ball joints and steering upgrades will make a difference but new tie rod, drag link, etc are still on the future list.
As far as the look. It looks great. Then again a slightly smaller bfg 35 (33.5) would have worked well too.. >:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Forgot to mention my grapplers have 61,000 miles on them and I probably have about 40% tread left. I've rotated them every 5,000 miles. They are great tires on and off road. On a 2 dr jk 29-30 psi is the magic number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Forgot to mention my grapplers have 61,000 miles on them and I probably have about 40% tread left. I've rotated them every 5,000 miles. They are great tires on and off road. On a 2 dr jk 29-30 psi is the magic number.

Smart man. I run 26-28 PSI in my Goodyear MTRK 35s. It's definitely the optimum on road tire pressure
Tires look great by the way..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased a set of BFGs KO2s 315/70/17 (35s) with 17 inch ProComp Rockwell alloy wheels with mounting, balance, new lug nuts, TPMS sensor swap for 1900. I live in Hawaii so they charged me en extra few hundred dollars for some special state tax crap for shipping. I am pretty sure you can get a better deal in mainland!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts