JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. Today I was changing out my swaybar links I got from Teraflex and to do some inspections etc.. With my sciatic nerve issues, lifting a tire is getting harder.. :shaking::pissed: I was wondering if there are any devices to help lift a tire up to get it mounted.. Saw this from Hi-Lift.. But it is really designed to lift the Jeep by the tire not help lift the tire up to help mount it..

Anybody got any ideas or know of a great item to help.. The reason I am asking is I want to get the Pitbull Rocker Radials. They weight like 96lbs per tire plus the steelie rim weight.. It all adds up in the weight dept.. If I can't find anything, I might just stick with stock tire size.. :( :bawling:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
No worries man i used it when i was running my 44 inch boggers on my bronco LOL you arent lifting them without hurting your self lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use my Grandson. At 15 yrs old he is 6'4" tall and can pick me up. He's a handy tool to have. Only problem is he won't fit in the tool box.;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
back when i had 40s with steel beadlocks on my Bronco i would roll the tire onto my foot and would pivit my foot up and down to get the wheel onto the wheel studs.
It worked great unless the vehicle was jacked up too high

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) If you're talking the spare, that takes some knee action,but

For a flat/rotation/tire change-I don't use any tools to position the tire, just ease the tire in place , at the lugs and drop the suspension down (EASY) to about --¼" above the wheel mounting holes, then plop your ass in front and put each foot under the left/right side of the tire and you can jiggle it right in place --the feet/ankles are very strong--doesn't take any back/hip/thigh action-piece of cake

Good luck

:smokin::grinpimp: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
2 two tricks.

1- only jack the Jeep up enough to clear the ground.. ( 1/8 - 1/4")
2- Pry Bar ( tire bar ) as Jeep School has mentioned..

Simply roll the tire infront of the hub making sure the lugs are in the right alignment.
Stick the pry bar under the front edge of the tire and pry it up into place. A tire bar has a piece of angle iron welded on to give a little more lift but you can substitute a small block of wood with a standard crowbar. Again, the trick is not to jack the Jeep up too high.
For the spare there is a technique to flipping the tire up onto the carrier that even a smaller person can handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts