JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 3 years of slipping around with the Goodyear SRAs, I am going to invest my tax refund on some tires. I welcome opinions on the following 3 that I have narrowed my search to. Sticking with the stock 255/75/17 size.

Goodyear Silent Armor

Firestone Destination A/T

Hankook ATM RF10

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Goodyear Dynatrac=Great tire all around. Even has the snowflake symbol.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Why not buy some takeoff rubicon MT's? People sell them on here or Craigs list all the time for CHEAP! I picked up 5 BFG's w/ 10K miles on them for $200. Siped, mine have done great in the snow.
If you are sticking to stock size, IMHO, save your money for something else. :beer:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm a fan of the Hankook's, but I'd bet the Goodyear would be similar in performance.

Both have good siping, the Hankook looks like it might be a little more agressive in treadblock design for gravel and such.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the Hankooks but as far as I know they have a good rep. I was torn for the longest time between putting the goodyears and firestones on my Liberty. Both are top notch AT tires for the price. At the time I could get the firestones a lot cheaper so I went with those. I probably would have went Goodyear if they were cheaper.

Sorry, I'm sure that isn't much help but they're all excellent AT tires. I would go with the ones you can get the best deal on.

Oh and the tread on the Destination A/Ts is a little deceptive in the pics. I think they look a little more agressive in person. I would check them all out at a tire shop(s) if you can.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not that familiar with the Hankooks but as far as I know they have a good rep. I was torn for the longest time between putting the goodyears and firestones on my Liberty. Both are top notch AT tires for the price. At the time I could get the firestones a lot cheaper so I went with those. I probably would have went Goodyear if they were cheaper.

Sorry, I'm sure that isn't much help but they're all excellent AT tires. I would go with the ones you can get the best deal on.

Oh and the tread on the Destination A/Ts is a little deceptive in the pics. I think they look a little more agressive in person. I would check them all out at a tire shop(s) if you can.
I ordered the Hankooks and should have them on late this afternoon. Seemed like a good deal and the shop is right in my neighborhood.

I had a Liberty with the SRAs before the JK. Replaced those with Dueler A/T Revos. Difference was night and day. Can't wait to get new meats on the JK. My wife was sliding in 1/4" of snow the other day and the tires only have 18K on them.

Might have 4 SRAs for sale later today if anyone wants them. 255/75/17 and 18K miles.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not buy some takeoff rubicon MT's? People sell them on here or Craigs list all the time for CHEAP! I picked up 5 BFG's w/ 10K miles on them for $200. Siped, mine have done great in the snow.
If you are sticking to stock size, IMHO, save your money for something else. :beer:

Not a bad idea but buying new comes with a warranty. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts