JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
We just joined and need a tad of help.
To start off with we have 3 Jeeps. A TJ on 35 Irok ND's with lockers etc.. Been Jeeping for 20 years.
But now we got a 2016 Unlimited Rubicon and will slowly build it up as well on 37". Want good tires for rock climbing and that will be good on the road as well as this will be a daily driver and on the trail about 6-10 times a year. Through everything rock, mud etc...
has to be Radial because of our daily and will be on Beadlocks. So far been looking at:
-Irock Radial,
-Irock ND,
-Pit Bull Rocker XOR LT Radial
-BFG KM2
-Toyo M/T
-Maxxis Creepy Crawler
-Maxxis Trepador Radial
-Cooper discoverer SST Pro

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Nitto Trail grappler is the best tire I have tried to date for on/off road performance. I am trying the Cooper STT pro's right now. So far on road they are quite and pretty smooth. I will have them on the trail in the next couple weeks. I will post back once I have some info on performance. Also they are about $100 cheaper per tire then the Nittos.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I have the coopers STT's along with a couple of other guys as well here in Tucson. A couple of guys are running the goodyear wrangler MT'Rs. They both seem to be holding up well here, there is nothing but rocks and dry hard packed caliche here in Southern Arizona.

Just my .02 cents but I will never run the KM2's ever again. They are so loud on the street I couldn't believe the difference they made when I switched to the coopers.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Hi all
We just joined and need a tad of help.
To start off with we have 3 Jeeps. A TJ on 35 Irok ND's with lockers etc.. Been Jeeping for 20 years.
But now we got a 2016 Unlimited Rubicon and will slowly build it up as well on 37". Want good tires for rock climbing and that will be good on the road as well as this will be a daily driver and on the trail about 6-10 times a year. Through everything rock, mud etc...
has to be Radial because of our daily and will be on Beadlocks. So far been looking at:
-Irock Radial,
-Irock ND,
-Pit Bull Rocker XOR LT Radial
-BFG KM2
-Toyo M/T
-Maxxis Creepy Crawler
-Maxxis Trepador Radial
of these, for pure performance, I would choose the PBR. Freaking awesome tire.

But, it is soft and would wear quick as a DD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts