JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done it on their JK? I tinted the windows on my old truck and it was pretty straight forward and I never had any issues but it didn't have a rear window defroster. My hardtop has the clear windows w/ rear defrost. It doesn't look to tough but I'm just worried about tinting over the defroster. Think it would be to much of a pain in the ass?

·
Registered
699 Posts
It's not that hard. I've done it on a couple of cars. It's a flat window and the defrosters are not a problem. Go for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the rear window tinted twice. First time it was too light maybe 35% so i went with 5% which is considered limo. If your doing it yourself try and find a shop that has a plotter and will cut you the film to dimension (or buy online). The tricky part is the rear lift arms that you should remove. Just make sure the film is dry maybe 2-6 hours depending on the outside temp before you re-install the lift arms. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.