JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea for my CJ but can be used on a JK so I am not sure if this is the right spot or not. Anyways I am running electric fans on the CJ and want to be able to shut them down for water crossing. Easy right...just install a damn switch. The problem I have is remembering to turn them back on, yes my attention span is a little short.

Picture this. You come into a nasty, ice covered water crossing and flick off the fans. You can't crawl it so you find third and blast right though and launch up over the bank on the other side. Everyone is clapping and hollering as you sit there like king shit on terd island. First thing you do is hop out and start heckling the next guy, forgetting to turn back on the fans. Well you can image what happens next. You go from hero to zero in less than a minute.

The idea I have is to somehow get that switch on a timer so it goes back on automaticaly. I am think much like a rear window defroster only when you hit the button the fans stop for a certain amout of time before turn back on.

I have been searching for something like this and haven't had much luck yet. Anywone ever seen a swith like this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts