JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a few posts it's still unclear which speakers are best. I have the stock base system in my jku 10. I'd like to hear from people who have made the switch what speakers did u get? How's it sound? How much did it break the bank?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Speakers are very subjective. You really need to hear/audition different brands of speakers to see what you will like.

That being said, I used Alpine SPR-17S separates for the front speaker replacements, and Alpine SPR-17C coaxial speakers in the soundbar. I also used a JL Audio Stealthbox sub. All of that is powered by an JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier.

I purchased the Alpine speakers from www.sonicelectronix.com and the JL stuff from Crutchfield (authorized dealer for warranty purposes).

·
Registered
969 Posts
I read a post on a while back that was saying really good things about Mopar speaker upgrade, I believe available from quadratech.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the mopar upgrade is solid, they are Kicker components. I have always had good results with Kicker gear

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I went with the Kenwood high performance all the way around with a Kenwood receiver with a detachable face. I have plans on adding an amp and have an idea for a sub setup....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Great sound costs money. How much do you want to spend? :thefinger:

That said, I've had $10,000 systems in past trucks. I went the opposite end on this Jeep: just put in the Mopar Kicker Upgrades & that's it. Bang for the buck, they're tops. Good sound upgrade, not much money. I don't see spending more than that in a noisy Jeep anyway. (An opinion I wouldn't have had when I was 30).

Sound better than that can easily be had. For top dollar sound, my ears prefer Focal separates & JL Audio subs. But there a big number after the "$" and in front of the comma. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the mopar kicker upgrade and they sound great HUGE difference and they're bolt in which is nice no drilling....

stock on the left and kicker on the right

·
Registered
169 Posts
i've heard some good things about the kicker upgrade package, haven't heard them personally. on the other hand i have heard some Polks and MBQuarts, that are freaking awesome, naturally more expensive. i would defiantly go with some sort of coaxial, or compnonent set

·
Registered
140 Posts
I removed my faulty Stock CD/MP3 unit and installed a DVD Player from Pioneer and for my speakers all 6 I used Kenwood 3ways at 50watts each and I used 10watt Kenwood Tweeters! I have the best home theater only in a Jeep! Best buy did everything with the headunit and all speakers for $1500 installed thats the best deal I could get! I watch DVDs in complete Stereo sounds amazing!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went with the mopar kicker speaker upgrade, and mopar amp upgrade. The dash speaker upgrade was not easy but it was doable. I had a 8" sub in the basement so I installed that in a sub box, drilled out an aluminum L bacracket and used it to bolt down to the cargo hold fastnet bolt on the passenger's rear side. Fits great. I connected the sub to the rear channel out of the kicker upgrade amp. to get the sound to be perfect I'm going to add a Sony Xplod 1000 to drive the sub. You can hear the sub kick now but it does need more. I'll be upgrading the tweeters in the front this summer.
The upgrade was worth it. But, I think kicker should build an amplifier for the jeep rated at 500 watts. 50 watts per channel and 300 watts for the sub. That would be ideal.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I went with the Kicker Package from Q-Tech

After reading a few posts it's still unclear which speakers are best. I have the stock base system in my jku 10. I'd like to hear from people who have made the switch what speakers did u get? How's it sound? How much did it break the bank?
And was very happy with The Tweeter / soundbar speaker upgrades. About an hour for all four.

My tone-deaf wife even commented after I had done the upgrade: "I was wondering when you would get sick of the poor sound quality.

I then replaced the front dash with Kickers from Crutchfield. The drivers side was a bitch to do, but they both took me about two hours.

I have the original sub-wofer and that kicks ass.

Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speakers are very subjective. You really need to hear/audition different brands of speakers to see what you will like.

That being said, I used Alpine SPR-17S separates for the front speaker replacements, and Alpine SPR-17C coaxial speakers in the soundbar. I also used a JL Audio Stealthbox sub. All of that is powered by an JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier.

I purchased the Alpine speakers from www.sonicelectronix.com and the JL stuff from Crutchfield (authorized dealer for warranty purposes).
The Alpine fronts that you got from Sonic, did you need a adapter?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts