JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based off this thread:
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16088

I'm going to be returning my rear bumper and carrier - so now it's time to start shopping.

Wants:
  • STURDY AS HELL LATCHING SYSTEM
  • Stubby
  • Carrier that holds a 35" and larger tire
  • Rear hitch
  • AFFORDABLE (while I am getting credit, the cost of the Smittybilt is lower than 99% of the competition so I'm most likely going to have to fork out cash.)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Not full width. I don't want it to extend past the sides of my Jeep.
It does extend a bit past the sides. Don't think I'd call it a stubby. That's not a bad thing though. That bumper saved me from a tip over on Golden Spike last year. I traded it for another for other reasons. Other than that (and maybe $$$) it does fit what you're wanting. Of course I think you've already found you're gonna get what you pay for as far as the $$$ part goes.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Based off this thread:
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16088

I'm going to be returning my rear bumper and carrier - so now it's time to start shopping.

Wants:
  • STURDY AS HELL LATCHING SYSTEM (CHECK)
  • Stubby (CHECK)
  • Carrier that holds a 35" and larger tire (CHECK)
  • Rear hitch (CHECK)
  • AFFORDABLE (while I am getting credit, the cost of the Smittybilt is lower than 99% of the competition so I'm most likely going to have to fork out cash.) (CHECK)
LOD stubby rear bumper/tire carrier.

its what i use and love it. recommend it to all. no squeaks or rattles

rear backup lights (very bright) and hitch

trail rack and gerry can holders installed. 39" tire mounted

best pic i have of the side. at its widest it is still within the body of the JK. plenty of room for large tires at full stuff

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I haven't had the issue but I have read abot a lot of people having it...what I did was grind out the indentation more and add washers to the handle on the beer tap side. I am going to add a bigger rubber isolator in the near future... I have done this all for under $10 and the thing is SOLID.... just a thought.... would save you a lot of money. I am taking it to a local fab sho next week to have a hi lif mount welded to the top:smokin:

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
I run the same bumper as LIQUOR. Like it a lot and have no issues. Takes LOD quite a bit of time to get it to you (8-10 weeks). Plus it has can and trail rack options if you are into that kind of thing.

If Miller is open, I might put together a run up there next weekend, you can look at mine then if you want... or seeing you are in OC... you can always find Edwina, I think he runs this one as well.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If Miller is open, I might put together a run up there next weekend, you can look at mine then if you want... or seeing you are in OC... you can always find Edwina, I think he runs this one as well.
Where/what is Miller trail? Edwina runs it? Shit.... That changes things.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Where/what is Miller trail? Edwina runs it? Shit.... That changes things.
he was running the LOD series 2 bumper (full width) until my build started a year ago and i picked up the shorty. now he sports the shorty. one of the many reasons i cant stand that tool. he cant be out done by any of his own members. claims he did it first. :shaking:

i still rock mine because i know the truth. :smokin:
but i did not get the LOD front shorty stinger, just because he had it. i went witih RR XHD and the stinger option. i like it better :beer:

you could still get it because you like mine better...lol
there will be a jko sticker on it soon

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I would not recommend ANY bumper that uses that latch pin like on the rockhard bumper, I have same pin and locking jaw on my POS Purejueep bumper. It got stuck locked twice on me, first time it took 1.5hrs to get it open with 4 people helping while we were on a trail, 2nd time with the new locking mechanism it took 5min because I had a sawzall available to cut the damn pin off. :shaking:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts