JKOwners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Fuck that little toto, but I'd rock those wings with the top down:thefinger:

Though, I'd be sitting in my shop.............cause my shit don't run.

Better wait a while to sport the wings.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The Anti-Squat values for RK JK products have changed a lot this year with the all new X2 geometry which is very similar to what we did on the JL platforms. Just a FYI is all.

RK has also always offered "conventional" anti-squat long arm set ups with The Adventure Series Long Arm Systems. Consumers always have the power of choice...
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but what were the values before and what are they now? Also what is the anti-squat through travel especially towards compression?

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
Ya, not good. Wrangler forum looks stupid.

so, any new ( & default view settings) interface is going to appear strange / foreign at first but , after checkng WF out , briefly and on my phone, this morning , it isn't THAT drastically different...it's still a forum & basic outline is the same .

the proof is in the pudding ....and I mean the migration team puddin' everything back how it is presently!

let's see what goes down , gang ....

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've been working in the computer industry for some time, about 30 years, and change happens whether you like it or not. I can't say that I've agreed with all of the changes over the years, but in reality you just learn to go with the flow as generally one or even a small group of people won't be able to stop the change. So for me, I'm just waiting to see what the final product here will be.

I've looked at wranglerforum.com and can't say that I'm impressed. However, I'm not a member over there and can't say what usability will be. Hopefully it will still be suitable for use with the change.

Someone asked pricing on a forum and although what @snout states sheds some light on it, it doesn't paint a complete picture. From working for a hosting company, I've seen sites highly optimized running on a single server with 1 million hits plus per month running smoothly without issue and I've seen sites running crash a server with as little as 10 hits. It really depends on what you're running, how well optimized a site really is, and that includes optimization on the server side of the equation. So the price range really depends on what software you're running along with how optimized the setup it's running on.

Anyway, as stated, I'm just going to take a wait and see attitude. Hopefully it will pay off.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Bringing this here from the Admin's thread.... I didn't want to muddy that "official" thread up with this.

As far as rolling our own replacement. I spent a few bucks, just to see what might be involved.

Like was mentioned above... it'll never be as strong as the original. Right now there is no website front end, no pretty interface, no graphics, no custom config. It would probably take a hundred more hours to clean up and make presentable, plus tens of hours each month to maintain/update.

Probably not worth doing on my own, unless it was just a private group for us old-timers to hang out..... but we can still do that here.. we just have to put up with all of the marketing BS and drive by stupid questions.

Jeep Hangout - Index page

^^Link^^

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just want to know if we'll have to mind our manners so no one gets butthurt or feels threatened, however false their perceptions are...

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
Bringing this here from the Admin's thread.... I didn't want to muddy that "official" thread up with this.

As far as rolling our own replacement. I spent a few bucks, just to see what might be involved.

Like was mentioned above... it'll never be as strong as the original. Right now there is no website front end, no pretty interface, no graphics, no custom config. It would probably take a hundred more hours to clean up and make presentable, plus tens of hours each month to maintain/update.

Probably not worth doing on my own, unless it was just a private group for us old-timers to hang out..... but we can still do that here.. we just have to put up with all of the marketing BS and drive by stupid questions.

Jeep Hangout - Index page

^^Link^^
Hope this is OK to discuss here. I tried registering but never got a confirmation.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hope this is OK to discuss here. I tried registering but never got a confirmation.
It *might* be working now.... Maybe.

·
1,230 Posts
Feedback so far:

- there is some issue where when you attempt to register, and click submit, you are given a blank registration page. Not sure what is causing this but the second time I tried, it worked.
- user name length limit is annoying. A lot of us cannot use the same username we use here. That's a big deal.
- Enable ability for registered users to post threads, right now they need approval which makes the site useless.
- PW requirements are good. Don't change those.
- The current captcha is obnoxious for registration -- either eliminate or use a better captcha that is easier to read.
- work on a basic skin / board style. "we_universal" is the least obnoxious and should be default for visitors and new users.
- get some basic topics created - right now there's a single topic / thread.
- Up avatar size to around 64-128KiB 6KiB is lame.

Clearly you have guys here who want to make this work. Stay on top of it and make it easy to use and you may have something good.
Once you allow posts creation, I'll track these issues on JH and stop crapping up this thread.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Feedback so far:

- there is some issue where when you attempt to register, and click submit, you are given a blank registration page. Not sure what is causing this but the second time I tried, it worked.
- user name length limit is annoying. A lot of us cannot use the same username we use here. That's a big deal.
- Enable ability for registered users to post threads, right now they need approval which makes the site useless.
- PW requirements are good. Don't change those.
- The current captcha is obnoxious for registration -- either eliminate or use a better captcha that is easier to read.
- work on a basic skin / board style. "we_universal" is the least obnoxious and should be default for visitors and new users.
- get some basic topics created - right now there's a single topic / thread.
- Up avatar size to around 64-128KiB 6KiB is lame.

Clearly you have guys here who want to make this work. Stay on top of it and make it easy to use and you may have something good.
Once you allow posts creation, I'll track these issues on JH and stop crapping up this thread.

Ok, I tried to address each of these... still very much a work in progress. Note that I had to nuke it from orbit earlier, so re-registering will be necessary (now maybe you can get the name(s) you wanted).

·
1,230 Posts
Ok, I tried to address each of these... still very much a work in progress. Note that I had to nuke it from orbit earlier, so re-registering will be necessary (now maybe you can get the name(s) you wanted).
no problem. I want it to succeed. If there's anything I can do to help, even if it's laundry-listing problems, let me know. I can file bugs all day long. :)

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
Wow, I thought I'd be over it, and the reality isn't looking any better than my fears . . .

I appreciate the new functionality, but I declare that JKO as we knew it is officially dead :(

Font colors GONE, classic smileys GONE, classic JKO header GONE, all the "JKO flavor" of classic threads GONE . . .

FAWK THIS - enjoy your "Jeep Wrangler JK-Forum" :poop: (oh the irony) - I think I'm out :(

RIP JKO 04/29/2020 - you will be missed (insert unavailable :usa: flag here)

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread. :)

Edit: I have unlocked this thread so that you have a place to rant if you wish, but if you actually want some help with the new platform, please post your questions in the feedback thread so that I can help.

- Cricket

81 - 100 of 113 Posts