JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone stock 07 unlimited x. Has the stock stelies and 225's . I want alloy rims of some sort as one of them is rusting already. I really like these http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...alse&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

BUT I was worried about the 4" backspace as I do not want the tires to stick out beyond the flare.

I emailed tirerack.
Response 1: Yes they will fit, 4" BS will not stick out
Response 2: No they will not fit and they will stick out as they are only for lifted vehicles...........
I am SO confused..........I have bever heard of a rim that needs a lift?? WTF
Help me out here...I just want alloys...preferably black and close to stock spacing as I can get.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Welcome to JKowners

I have just started to change parts over on my 07 X Unlimited. I am fitting some Pro-Comp wheels with 33 x 12.50 x 17 tires, the wheels have a 4.5" BS and are 8.5" wide and they stick out from the stock flares by 2" see photo below. So that should give you a starting point, with 4" BS they will stick out further then mine depending on the width. Hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for the pics. I'd rather they not stick out at all as they are weenie stock tires....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Another option to keep in mind if you just want black alloys is to look for some cheap stock alloy wheels that someone is selling (I will be selling mine soon) and have them painted black. It will probably be cheaper than new wheels and they definitely won't stick out past the flares.

With that said, I would think the 225s would still tuck within the flares even with the wheels you'd like - can't say for sure though. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks....i think the 225's might be ok but I need help figuring out how much further out than the stock steelies the 4" bs rim would be

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I belive the stocker your talking about is 6.25" BS.

So they should stick out 2.25" farther with 4" then current which I would guess would be pretty close to flush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts