JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone's thoughts on one ton tie rods or heavy duty tie rods? which do you prefer and why. Im currently running the MOPAR DANA 60'S and need some beef on the tie rod. Im already running the rubicon express HD drag link and flip kit.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
RuffStuff or Carolina Metal Masters not got the beef you'd require for such a mighty axle ?
http://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/tie-rod
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ruffstuff&Product_Code=TRESTAND-KIT&Category_Code=STEERINGKIT

I highly suggest you speak with Marcus of River City OffRoad , a vendor on here of renown , as he is running the same axle and has 'steered' hundreds ( if not thousands) of us in the right direction for our parts needs .... you will be a happy customer ....

·
Registered
101 Posts
what is everyone's thoughts on one ton tie rods or heavy duty tie rods? which do you prefer and why. Im currently running the MOPAR DANA 60'S and need some beef on the tie rod. Im already running the rubicon express HD drag link and flip kit.
If you are looking for more strength than 7/8 one tons we just became a Rare dealer and we are starting to build with their 1.25" forged Cartridge TRE'S.

Our center section will be 2" 7075 solid aluminum. Building our shop rig with a Dana 60 in the next week.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you are looking for more strength than 7/8 one tons we just became a Rare dealer and we are starting to build with their 1.25" forged Cartridge TRE'S.

Our center section will be 2" 7075 solid aluminum. Building our shop rig with a Dana 60 in the next week.
Any pics or more info on these?

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I dont know if Synergy makes one that will work but it has been the best tie rod of the stock, 2 ruff stuff, and a RK tie rod that I went thru. If they make one that works with tons thats the way I would go.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I dont know if Synergy makes one that will work but it has been the best tie rod of the stock, 2 ruff stuff, and a RK tie rod that I went thru. If they make one that works with tons thats the way I would go.

Mopar 60 front uses stock size TR and DL so Synergy stuff should work without issue

·
Premium Member
76 Posts

Beef.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

yeah, I forgot about Rare Parts; I think those rod ends are like the strongest going, or one of them.....i'd be surprised if Synergy couldn't accommodate your needs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JonJames

Did you find a steering set up yet? If the factory tie rod and drag work in the Mopar 60 then we have 2 options for you. We are now offering our 1.5" Solid 7075 offset tie rod and a matching flipped drag link from the same 7075 solid material. The full set up would run $799 for both. In addition we are going to be making a Extreme duty set that will be 2" 7075 tie rod an drag link with the Rare parts 1.25" Forged cartridge ends for $1399.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is bad ass.

I have a Synergy on my UD60 and I am going to go to something a little larger in diameter based solely on the axle tube dwarfing it. lol It is fine, but I am a little on the picky side. :)
I will post pictures in this thread for the Set up we are doing on our shop rig....05 Dana 60 and we are doing a 2" version with Rare parts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Will this fit a 15" wheel with 3.75 backspacing?

Or do you guys have any suggestions on the ones that will work with 15" wheels?

Sorry for the hijack..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Synergy may work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Will this fit a 15" wheel with 3.75 backspacing?

Or do you guys have any suggestions on the ones that will work with 15" wheels?

Sorry for the hijack..

Thanks!
We have not installed this on a rig with 15" wheels yet so I cannot tell you it will work. How close to the factory tie rod do the wheels come?

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is about 1". The calipers fit without any issues. I'll try to get a picture today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts