JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats with all the threads vanishing lately? I suddenly feel like I am on JK-Forum and about to see a whole section get banned. Do i need to find a new home again?

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you must... Trolls will be banned, as will things will don't allow.
Is there a list of stuff you guys dont allow somewhere?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Ugggg, drama! FWIW, if I branched off and started another competing forum I would be positive that my time would be limited. Surprised that it took this long with some of the salty responses i've seen come from Dirty lately anyways. There is no such thing as a totally free (speech/thought/attitude) forum. Not even the Ayslum is without limits. That's human nature and man's need for control.

Eventually all forums end up in this boat. It's inevitable. :suicide:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sure. Use common fucking sense. :rolleyes:
Yeah that was a serious question. Im not trying to start shit but I dont want to be breaking unwritten rules and get banned.

·
Registered
997 Posts
FWIW. Some people have been trolling the threads recently and either flaming the OP or others or making smart ass comments with nothing constructive to add. When someone asks something, there is always a whole slew of individuals to call he/she a ***** or a general fucking retard. That starts to get old.

I have noticed this place changed too with more sponsors coming on board and since the sale to whatever conglomerate it was sold to but it is not as bad as JK-Forum. JK Forum, you get banned at the mere mention of a rival forum or of a non sponsoring parts company or vendor and if you have a disagreement with one of their moderators. Here you can still offer opinions, recommend non sponsoring vendors and critiques. To me as long as it is constructive and everyone acts like adults, you’ll be ok here.

To me that is common fucking sense.

It is alarming to us though that a lot of veteran JKO members are disappearing and no real explanations or warnings given publicly. Granted the mods don’t have to give explanations, I’m sure the banned have the explanation, but to us on the outside looking in it is surprising. Seems some things that were said pre-sale to said automotive forum conglomerate are ban able now. That’s business though right.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
FWIW. Some people have been trolling the threads recently and either flaming the OP or others or making smart ass comments with nothing constructive to add. When someone asks something, there is always a whole slew of individuals to call he/she a ***** or a general fucking retard. That starts to get old.

I have noticed this place changed too with more sponsors coming on board and since the sale to whatever conglomerate it was sold to but it is not as bad as JK-Forum. JK Forum, you get banned at the mere mention of a rival forum or of a non sponsoring parts company or vendor and if you have a disagreement with one of their moderators. Here you can still offer opinions, recommend non sponsoring vendors and critiques. To me as long as it is constructive and everyone acts like adults, you’ll be ok here.

To me that is common fucking sense.

It is alarming to us though that a lot of veteran JKO members are disappearing and no real explanations or warnings given publicly. Granted the mods don’t have to give explanations, I’m sure the banned have the explanation, but to us on the outside looking in it is surprising. Seems some things that were said pre-sale to said automotive forum conglomerate are ban able now. That’s business though right.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ugggg, drama! FWIW, if I branched off and started another competing forum I would be positive that my time would be limited. Surprised that it took this long with some of the salty responses i've seen come from Dirty lately anyways. There is no such thing as a totally free (speech/thought/attitude) forum. Not even the Ayslum is without limits. That's human nature and man's need for control.

Eventually all forums end up in this boat. It's inevitable. :suicide:
You say all Forums end up in this boat. What boat is that? It seems you are very careful to not say whatever it is your opinion is. Just say it.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
You say all Forums end up in this boat. What boat is that? It seems you are very careful to not say whatever it is your opinion is. Just say it.
This boat of infighting and division over the construct of control and opinion of ideals within the forum. The guys that ended up at the other forum felt that things here changed because somehow they lost freedoms? Ironically, they never had freedoms here anymore than they do over there as long as it costs someone money to run it and someone has to administrate it well enough to keep it popular and keep people interested in it. The conundrum that has faced internet forums has always been what is going on now. JKO matured and in order to keep everyone happy, some restrictions had to be imposed. Now Asylum is in its infancy and the "freedom" has returned. For how long? Newbs who don't share the mindset of the freedom there will join, the numbers will draw in sponsors and money, then it will become business, and then restrictions will be imposed to keep people happy. It's a fucking huge do loop. As I stated earlier, anyone who think this wont happen is kidding themselves.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
All forums end up in the same boat once the Rape Shack becomes something that gets talked about in the open. I hear you became a one legged asskickin champ after you had to chew your own leg off after what you witnessed in the Rape Shack one night; just to get away from the resident rapist. I also hear the resident rapist got himself banned over here because Lance got wind of what was going on in that thar Rape Shack and it made him sick. Left him no choice, really. And it was not just some ready willing and able sheeps who were of age getting raped in there, man. I'm talking little boy sheep and a few goats thrown in here and there to keep some variety in the mix. I mean, it's not really surprising, but damn. You guys are some sick motherfuckers down there in Florida.

There, I said it:rockon:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
All forums end up in the same boat once the Rape Shack becomes something that gets talked about in the open. I hear you became a one legged asskickin champ after you had to chew your own leg off after what you witnessed in the Rape Shack one night; just to get away from the resident rapist. I also hear the resident rapist got himself banned over here because Lance got wind of what was going on in that thar Rape Shack and it made him sick. Left him no choice, really. And it was not just some ready willing and able sheeps who were of age getting raped in there, man. I'm talking little boy sheep and a few goats thrown in here and there to keep some variety in the mix. I mean, it's not really surprising, but damn. You guys are some sick motherfuckers down there in Florida.

There, I said it:rockon:
god that was awful to read. do you think when you type :koolaid:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.