JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts

· Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Go for it!

The down sides are:
1) the only tires that will fit those wheels under $450each are the military take offs.

2) Can be hard to balance.

The plus side:
1) the take offs are very inexpensive.
2) the wheels looks badass
3) with insert you have a double bead lock.
4) you can get them in raw steel and coat them yourself to save some coin
5) the wheels look badass
6) the wheels are damn near indestructible.

I dig my set.

· Registered
11,420 Posts
I went against them because I didn't want to feel limited to 16.5" tires..but many many people run and enjoy them.

· JKO Dickhead
2,597 Posts
After some extensive research I have decided against them... Based solely on :

1 - weight
2 - military sidewalks are a bit stiffer than others. They will flex but not enough for me.

Although I will say that they have way more pros than cons...and if I had some more axle I would be running them.

· Registered
279 Posts
Iv been running mine for 2 years now and love them. The side walls loosen up alot. I just put my second set of tires on and I air down and drove around my field a little bit and the new side walls loosened right up.

did I mention they can take a beating... Whenever I upgrade to 1 tons Ill be keeping these and recentering again

Oh and trailworthy are great ppl to deal with

· Premium Member
3,109 Posts
They are heavy, mine are about as light as you can do them with armor. I am running half rings, re-bar may be lighter but does nothing to protect the studs.
You can also save wieght as well by drilling out the insert like shown here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...beadlock-insert-options-innerairlock-etc.html

And I believe TWF has some 37 MTR kevlars that are mil surp as well..or whatever MTRs they are

great great guys to deal with.

· Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been looking at TWF and the 12 bolt rims with rock rings and spacers and tires end up being like $430 per tire, and that doesn't include shipping. I was able to get 325/70r17 for 300 and some nice procomp wheels for 140 for my jeep, but those aren't bead locks.

I like the looks, and don't get wheeling all that often, as I live in Northern Illinois, so it is mostly a daily driver.

What I would like to have is a double bolt pattern wheel so I could swap tires with my CJ every once in a while when I am going wheeling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.