JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the 50 series flow master (tucked up nicely) and the Air raid intake, the JK, has a lot more "PUNCH" now. Very pleased, $$$ well spent. Need some thoughts on a ECU programmer. :bounce:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add some .02 cents. I didn't go with the throttle body spacer. It reminds me of that tornado thing every body was raving about. Twisting air, comon :lol: it would only work at WOT. Who runs around all day at WOT?:shaking:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Who runs around all day at WOT?:shaking:
:bounce: OOO!! ME! ME! ME! :D:D (in "company" car)

i think the programming thing depends on what you want to spend. i think i'd be just happy with the Jet chip.... though i have been looking at the ProComp(?) model that is a power programmer and adjusts (a little) for tires and/or gears.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't forget the Hypertech Programmer 11hp and 24lbft with high octane gas....and does tires size etc...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Jet Chip

I added an KN drop in filter with a Gibson exhaust sometime ago. Just added the Jet Chip Stage 1 a couple of weeks ago, I think it helped with the low end power. I have an auto with 3.73 gears with stock 32" tires. Transmission isn't hunting a gear anymore and I am getting 20 MPG on the highway and 18 MPG around town.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A chip that works in Low end power is a good thing. I thought many of those chip company's only enhanced HP and TQ at the upper range due to these vehicles needing to pass emissions which is all tested at the lower RPM range.

I'll have to dig in this more.

Thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
176 Posts
is there a hp tuner verson yet

·
Registered
45 Posts
i don't remember the exact numbers but, the hyperteck programmer charts showed that most of the hp and torque gains were below 3500(ish)rpm. thats where i want my power anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts