JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how they hang going fast through moderate terrain? Anyone had the holes wallowed out or anything of the sort? Reached out to a couple suppliers and didnt really get a solid answer from any of them. Looking at ones like the PS body mounted, genright, Etc

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm no expert but I haven't heard of many issues with stock size tires. my boss has his spare 33 mounted on his normal spare mount and has had no issues.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My Jeep came with the Or-fab carrier and it worked great, even with a 37" and 2 full jerry cans. I got rid of it because I like to carry my dirtbike on a reciever mount and it was too hard to remove. Not sure it would work with your size tire but I can't think of why it wouldn't. They make a non jerry can version also.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the crawler conceptz body mounted carrier. Been running it for about 2 months now and no problems at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the OR-Fab tire carrier with Rotopax. I have hit it pretty dang hard on trees in the mountains and coming off of rock ledges in Moab and I have not had any issues. I like it a lot except for the fact that it gets annoying that the carrier does not open with the gate. I guess you can still find these around even though they went out of business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts