JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly are they for?

If I remember correctly, on my TJ, the bumpers stopped the hood from contacting the windshield if I'd opened it all the way.

The other night, while wanting to get a closer look at the engine utilizing only the light from the garage ceiling light bulb, I realized that they serve no real purpose other than creating something else that leaves llittle black streaks on a white hood everytime it rains, and serve no other real purpose.
Especially, not stopping the hood from contacting the windshield when its folded open.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Haven't done it yet and don't plan too... The pics I have seen shows that it blocks a lot of your view anyway, so why bother? Almost would be better to run it without a window all together... Unless you're Gazelle hunting then you may need the space to swing your elephant gun around to blast the fool... :beer:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I looked, but could not find, a thread from earlier this year where someone from the UK had a mopar part # for the euro plugs, which were also flat. maybe someone will remember.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It bolts to the top of the windshield frame.

So did most of the TJ cages. Just unbolt it:shaking:

I wheeled my TJ some times with the windshield down. You can see in this picture that we had the full cage(that also bolted to the windshield frame).

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
So did most of the TJ cages. Just unbolt it:shaking:

I wheeled my TJ some times with the windshield down. You can see in this picture that we had the full cage(that also bolted to the windshield frame).
If you unbolt it they wont be attacked to anything because the only thing they attach to up top is the windshield. That does not appear to be the case in the picture you posted. If that doesn't make sense I can take a pic for you tonight.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If you unbolt it they wont be attacked to anything because the only thing they attach to up top is the windshield. That does not appear to be the case in the picture you posted. If that doesn't make sense I can take a pic for you tonight.
He said he has a Rock Hard cage. That works just like the one in the picture.

The JK factory cage works just like a factory TJ cage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts