JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Hummers are still fugly and I wouldn't count on them being around.GM is still depending on the govmint to bail their weeny a$$'s out,and part of that is dropping brands that aren't profitable,or so I've read.I am surprised that hummer has gotten away with the obvious "JEEP" look all these years.Wonder how they managed that.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
From OP link
NEW AND FUTURE CARS:
2012 Hummer H4 - Sneak Preview 2008
June 26, 2008
Yep, it's dead^^^

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
That vehicle was at the Detroit Auto Show LAST year (2008). It was a cool vehicle though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Given all the info above, it is still a cool looking vehicle, but all prototypes tend to be... they also never come to market looking like they do at the shows :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I was just at the car show out here a couple of weeks ago and I asked the reps at the Hummer booth about the H4...... they said it depends on the Gov. bailout. If GM survives so does the whole Humvee line up, including the H4. If there are cutbacks.... ALL but the H3 and H3T will be scrapped. I'm not a Hummer fan but that seems kind of stupid considering the H2 is the closest people can get to the original. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
OK I cant back this up but I thought I read some place that the H1 was designed by some one with jeep. I mean look at the grill. I think the article said that jeep sued because the grill is a jeep trade mark but the judge said you sold the design so tuff sh!t. This is why I always point out that a H anything is just a copy of a jeep.:smokin:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
OK I cant back this up but I thought I read some place that the H1 was designed by some one with jeep. I mean look at the grill. I think the article said that jeep sued because the grill is a jeep trade mark but the judge said you sold the design so tuff sh!t. This is why I always point out that a H anything is just a copy of a jeep.:smokin:
The HMMWV was designed and built by AM General.

AM General started life as a division of Kaiser Jeep in the late 60's, the Defense and Government Products Division. In the early 70's it became AM General, a wholly owned subsidiary of AMC, which had recently just purchased Kaiser Jeep.

IIRC AM General made more DJ's than Jeep did.

Despite popular thinking, there is as much military history with AM General as Jeep, and certainly more in the latter years.

As to the seven slot grille, wasn't that just stolen from Ford's nine slot design anyway? ;)

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I was just at the car show out here a couple of weeks ago and I asked the reps at the Hummer booth about the H4...... they said it depends on the Gov. bailout. If GM survives so does the whole Humvee line up, including the H4. If there are cutbacks.... ALL but the H3 and H3T will be scrapped. I'm not a Hummer fan but that seems kind of stupid considering the H2 is the closest people can get to the original. just my 2cents.
GM have not made a decision on the future of Hummer yet, but they have pretty much said that they will either sell it or close it. I don't see them keeping it. I suspect any new owner will likely drop the H2, although as it is built by AM General, it may well be the easiest one to keep in production, in the USA anyway.

HMMWVs are made by AM General and nothing to do with GM. GM own the Hummer brand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts