JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I got sandwiched between a Toyota Prius and a YJ.

I saw the Prius through my mirror as he approached at 40 mph. The driver didn't stop: he was looking down...TEXTING!!!

My front and rear steel bumpers got pushed in a little. My winch pushed in the rear gate of the YJ in front of me. One of my bump stops broke.

I will take it in to the body shop for inspection tomorrow, but doesn't look like it's more than that.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Ok, so since you're ok... and the idiot who hit you isn't dead (though a little bruising wouldn't be a bad thing - black eye that he has to explain at work would be fine)...

Looks like a prius tried to deepthroat a JK and puked all over the road!:laughing:

·
Registered
720 Posts
This morning I got sandwiched between a Toyota Prius and a YJ.

I saw the Prius through my mirror as he approached at 40 mph. The driver didn't stop: he was looking down...TEXTING!!!

My front and rear steel bumpers got pushed in a little. My winch pushed in the rear gate of the YJ in front of me. One of my bump stops broke.

I will take it in to the body shop for inspection tomorrow, but doesn't look like it's more than that.
Well I guess with all that blood on the ground the impact must have killed the hamsters that power it.:innocent:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt.

A rear-end collision is usually irresponsible enough......but this whole texting & driving thing is really f#$%ing insane. How is it that people don't see how damn stupid this is??? IDK- I just don't get it. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
stupid yuppy. all that money you saved on gas bought you the iphone that was ultimately your demise.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::grinpimp:

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
I need to show these pictures to my brother in law. He drives a Prius and was giving me crap about how his gas mileage is so much better than my JK. I got him to shut up when I told him that my Jeep could literally park on top of his car.:thefinger:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Glad that you are ok. Hope that the bill to fix yours isn't too bad. What a dumbass that guy is.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt.

A rear-end collision is usually irresponsible enough......but this whole texting & driving thing is really f#$%ing insane. How is it that people don't see how damn stupid this is??? IDK- I just don't get it. :shaking:
Tell me about it. They recently passed a no-texting law here because it's so rampant.:rolleyes:

I need to show these pictures to my brother in law. He drives a Prius and was giving me crap about how his gas mileage is so much better than my JK. I got him to shut up when I told him that my Jeep could literally park on top of his car.:thefinger:
Different strokes for different folks. I've got nothing against Prii:beer:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
In Cali we have a distracted driver law, where it seems like if the cop catches me changing my radio station he can pull me over. Anything other than looking forward.
What pisses me off is the cop who just pulled you over for that, has a car radio, a work radio, a laptop, his personal phone, his radar gun, coffee and a donut, yet I can't be caught lookin at my radio. BS

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
In Cali we have a distracted driver law, where it seems like if the cop catches me changing my radio station he can pull me over. Anything other than looking forward.
What pisses me off is the cop who just pulled you over for that, has a car radio, a work radio, a laptop, his personal phone, his radar gun, coffee and a donut, yet I can't be caught lookin at my radio. BS
They are trained professionals......you are a pawn in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia! :thefinger:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Damn you got fucked up son! pics of your front n rear...i love steel bumpers:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This is the rear of my Jeep...where the Prius made impact.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts