JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I used rustoleum "safety red" oil based paint and a simple paint brush. Cleanup was easily down with Qtips. I'd rather wrench than Picasso! Lol

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Thanks. I used rustoleum "safety red" oil based paint and a simple paint brush. Cleanup was easily down with Qtips. I'd rather wrench than Picasso! Lol
Try painting the riddler covers logo with a nail brush. :crying:

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
WTF is wrong with you all? May as well start chromin' yo bumpas'.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
i can imagine , @UnlimiDozer ; masking off these bloody two letters , cutting only them out with X-Acto knife to only have the "O" & the " X" exposed to then cover the yellow reflective with orange rustoleum was far more of a chore than I thought it'd be . then I had to do this front one a month later ,ugh

If I had to mask off something as complex as those spider covers or even that Riddler logo I'd have one pisser of an afternoon!

Oh, it looks good , @Tierhog ! :jeep2:

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Try painting the riddler covers logo with a nail brush. :crying:
this sounds precisely like some of the medieval kinda boot camp 'incentive ' that Marines would use on greenies ;" paint my damned humvee with this nail polish brush then were gonna drop you 50 miles in the swamp with your 80lb rucksack and a piece of broken mirror to help you find your way back ,Marine..."

My old man was a staff sgt on his way to Lt Col in usaf so I have heard similar stories of peeling potatoes with fingernails that were not trimmed and toothbrush floor cleanings ...Gunny uses these same methods to detail his jeep, lmao

Hoo- rah! :wink_animate:
:jeep2:

·
22,098 Posts
WTF is wrong with you all? May as well start chromin' yo bumpas'.

Gawd, we don't wanna be like you. :D

this sounds precisely like some of the medieval kinda boot camp 'incentive ' that Marines would use on greenies ;" paint my damned humvee with this nail polish brush then were gonna drop you 50 miles in the swamp with your 80lb rucksack and a piece of broken mirror to help you find your way back ,Marine..."

My old man was a staff sgt on his way to Lt Col in usaf so I have heard similar stories of peeling potatoes with fingernails that were not trimmed and toothbrush floor cleanings ...Gunny uses these same methods to detail his jeep, lmao

Hoo- rah! :wink_animate:
Shit, jeep gets pressure washed inside and out and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Gawd, we don't wanna be like you. :D

Shit, jeep gets pressure washed inside and out and call it a day.
i figured you'd mellowed a little with the Corps behind you & the wonder of modern spray coating benefits in the tub of your rig

...all that just brought back memories of me and my two brothers standing at attn while being yelled at for whatever we'd done wrong and having our cupped knuckles smacked by an AF academy ring with stone turned in toward palm. We couldn't flinch or grimace less it continue on longer....ah, those were the days!

·
22,098 Posts
i figured you'd mellowed a little with the Corps behind you & the wonder of modern spray coating benefits in the tub of your rig

...all that just brought back memories of me and my two brothers standing at attn while being yelled at for whatever we'd done wrong and having our cupped knuckles smacked by an AF academy ring with stone turned in toward palm. We couldn't flinch or grimace less it continue on longer....ah, those were the days!
Don't get me wrong I still have moments but with the kid out of the house the wife frowns on reveille at sunrise.

You didn't turn out fucked up. Kids needs discipline these days, the punishment must fit the crime though. :nerd:

Reactions: ndtguy

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Don't get me wrong I still have moments but with the kid out of the house the wife frowns on reveille at sunrise.

You didn't turn out fucked up. Kids needs discipline these days, the punishment must fit the crime though. :nerd:
you speak exactly as I do . I am "the bad cop" all the time around here but by God, I am the respected one( notice I say,"one" as Mommy is the push-over), too.
:trooper:

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
you speak exactly as I do . I am "the bad cop" all the time around here but by God, I am the respected one( notice I say,"one" as Mommy is the push-over), too.
:trooper:
A little off topic here, but I think it's the nature of most mommies to be pushovers, to one degree or another. No disrespect intended, especially to those single moms who have had to do it all themselves. It's just one more reason a home really needs a father figure in it, whether he's biologically related or not. Somebody has to be the one to maintain discipline and order, and that just seems to be more natural for most men than for most women. Carry on.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
A little off topic here, but I think it's the nature of most mommies to be pushovers, to one degree or another. No disrespect intended, especially to those single moms who have had to do it all themselves. It's just one more reason a home really needs a father figure in it, whether he's biologically related or not. Somebody has to be the one to maintain discipline and order, and that just seems to be more natural for most men than for most women. Carry on.
theres no way I could be offended by such a nice , well said comment in reply. Quite factual , as well. Thanks, man. :jeep2:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This thread is killing me. Getting you guys chatting like this is far better than anything on TV. Wife giving me a strange look as I start laughing and keep scrolling..

If anyone of you have red though, I've really nailed it on the color match commercially. Very affordable and damn close. Rock knockers, webs, whatever..both spray and brush

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

That does look almost spot-on the same as the red enamel that your Jeep has,Tier.

:koolaid:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts