JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the redesigned 2010 soft top and I have to say it is awesome! Jeep Is finally listening when we b!+€h! (Ok it's a small step.) Keeps the rain out pretty good too!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen :thefinger:

Seriously, I've heard of improvements to the top & would like to see em. The top on my 08 is startin to look a little ragged and I've got 40k of b2b warranty left... maybe I can score one and not have to drop $$$$ on a aftermarket top.

:beer:

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
VAST improvement in the 10.

No more tucking edges into the slot, and its spring loaded so one person can do it with ease. And it doesn't leak... well it doesn't leak yet.

:beer:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got the dual tops with my 2010. I didn't even bother with the soft top. I've never had a Wrangler before so I'm not sure how it is different, but with the freedom tops I just don't see the point. If somebody in CO wants my soft top it is available. ;)

SOLD to Vince. Thanks for the overwhelming response...now stop PMing me! :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
I got the dual tops with my 2010. I didn't even bother with the soft top. I've never had a Wrangler before so I'm not sure how it is different, but with the freedom tops I just don't see the point. If somebody in CO wants my soft top it is available. ;)
I could use it....PM me! Thanks

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
...And it doesn't leak... well it doesn't leak yet.
There are only two types of Jeep tops: those that leak, and those that will...:D

How are they different then the 08 model?
The 10's no longer have the plastic insert on the side of the top above the door that you have to slide into the channel of the door surround. Instead they have a spring-loaded cable that holds the sides taught above the doors. Therefore, the 2010 door surrounds don't have the plastic lip, but rather a wind-deterring wing that sticks out instead of down. Clear as mud?

Here is JKO's very own JDemonto demonstrating:
YouTube - 2010 Jeep Wrangler Soft top Part II

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't think I would stir up such an audience! BTW my freedom top is for sale if anyone is interested! Denver CO $1500 OBO! I will list it in the for sale section!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have had my top down a few times now and it is easy enough to do it by myself. So far no leaks :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I rented a 2010 4 door when in florida last week and I can honestly say I'd throw out the 07 top in a heartbeat for a 2010 top. They did a really nice job with the design and it is much easier to flip back than before. Score a plus for Chrysler for a change.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Is the 2 door version the same deal? All I've seen thus far is the 4 door version...I would love to see how easy it is for the 2 door version to go on and off. My soft top has now lost both tensioning straps on the inside and the header noise is absurd. I was finally able to stop it from leaking by parking in a garage. :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts