JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I like the thru the wheel idea. I would worry about tickets if I removed the light.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I like the thru the wheel idea. I would worry about tickets if I removed the light.
Seriously? Do you know if this varies from state to state? Never even considered that having my third brake light removed might get me ticketed. To pass inspection in Texas, my girlfriend had to replace the burned out 3rd brake light bulb in her pick-up, but I don't even have the bracket/ tire carrier mounted to my Jeep anymore. I guess that if there is a law on the books, than older vehicles are exempt.(?)

Anybody have any info on this?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I know I've been harrassed about no backup lights on my '66. The cop still wrote the ticket and I had to call the DA and explain that in 1966 Back up lights were not required or available. The DA laughed and dismissed the ticket. I would think since it came with it it would be required in some form. It would be good to look into for your state if you removed it. The Cop doesn't have to prove he is right, he only has to write the ticket and let the DA deal with right or wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Thanks BroncJohn. I appreciate the feedback and I will definately check my state laws to see what applies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.