JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members from the SA area my wife's dad has offered us a house for free if we move there it is my wife's grandmas house and she passed away a couple years ago. What is the job market like and any good wheeling places thx guys.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Howdy Captain Dean!!! Congratulations on your new home. San Antonio has been an integral part of my life for sixty (60) years. It truly is a vibrant city that even long term, muti-generational citizens find quite stimulating. As in any major city; traffic congestion, crime, hustle & bustle, etc. does exist, however, one has countless venues that far outweigh the aforementioned negatives.

A majority of crime (esp. gang related) is rife on the west and east side of SA, and, as you travel to the northside, conditions improve.

Cost of living is one of the lowest in Texas and far lower than the national average. Employment? Quite simply, San Antonio is booming in many, many professions, trades, and industries.

Peruse the following site for further information:

http://www.relocatingtosanantonio.org/

Should you have any further questions concening SA, just send a PM.

BTW, my ancestors have been in the San Antonio area since 1842.

Bienvenidos San Antonio!!!! :thankyou:

·
Registered
847 Posts
JPCattle's got it right. San Antonio has one of the most amazing economies in the country, right now. The cost of living is incredibly low, and the city itself is wonderful! Most of the people there are wonderful - except the Mexican Nationals that show-up about twice a year in droves... They're a HUGE pain in the ass because they believe they run everything with their money.

It's a little different than Wyoming, namely in that you'll have 75+ degree days 330+ days of the year! BUT! You'll also only be an hour from Canyons, an hour from Hidden Falls, and, at most two hours from Trees! Corpus Christi is only about two hours from SA, too!

If it were me, I'd jump ALL over that! The real estate market in San Antonio is also one of the best in the country. Housing values have actually risen in the markets, not just in the Tax Assessor Collector's office. Once you get used to the heat, you'll fall in love.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
One of my favorite towns. I get there a few times a year for photo projects and allways enjoy my stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.