JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in NJ for 38 years, with small stints out of state for one reason or another. Looking for a change. Been to Scottsdale on a quick trip a bunch of years ago..but it was great. Hope it hasn't changed too much..

Looking at the PHX/Scottsdale area. Looking for Good & Bad areas, if there are any. Seems like there is wheeling in almost any direction once you are outside of town. What can we expect to get in the $300K range?

Lastly, will you AZ'ers let a bum from NJ come in and join the party?

thanks in advance, Christian

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
1. Do Arizonians get a discount?

2. Do you wheel like a soccer mom?

3. Do you hang out at truck stops late at night? Chris might be upset with a challenge to his territory.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Do Arizonians get a discount?

2. Do you wheel like a soccer mom?

3. Do you hang out at truck stops late at night? Chris might be upset with a challenge to his territory.
1 - I'd have to figure out ow AZ Sales Tax works..but of course..ask me nicely, and you can get a discount now, alll the way from NJ.. :thefinger:

2 - I'd like to think not, but I've never been on a run w Eddie, so I can't compare my skills in the desert rocks..

3 - Is that who that was when I stuck it through the hole??

·
22,098 Posts
1 - I'd have to figure out ow AZ Sales Tax works..but of course..ask me nicely, and you can get a discount now, alll the way from NJ.. :thefinger:

2 - I'd like to think not, but I've never been on a run w Eddie, so I can't compare my skills in the desert rocks..

3 - Is that who that was when I stuck it through the hole??
1. Too bad I don't need any parts right now. (I can't believe I just typed that)

2. If you are referencing gay for life (eddie) that might get you a preban from AZ

3. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
You motherfuckers! I take my Daughter to lunch and come back to this.

1.) Jim lives in Tucson and he could be a shoe in for a twin to bsacks cuz, unless you are into that kind of thing, don't move there. Scottsdale, Cave Creek and Paradise Valley on the northeast end are nice. Goodyear is a good place. Chandler and Gilbert are good too. Ask Greg about the places he saw, he has some insight already.

2.) Jim wishes he could wheel as well as Eddie. Don't worry about wheeling skill, you'll be in heaven and learn quickly what works and what doesn't on these trails.

3.) I think you may have to explain to us when you were in AZ at a truck stop using a glory hole. Must have been around the same time Greg was here visiting I gather. You guys didn't have to fly across country to do that... :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Gonna talk w Greg and keep posted here for info. I guess the other major question is a job.. what's the market like out there? Last ten years ive worked for a manufacturer. Mist recently as a product manager.. anyone hiring?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Jobs still exist, but mostly in trades and specialized fields. The retail market here is struggling and there are a ton of open strip mall and commercial leases out there for the pickin right now. I haven't looked at the areas you have been versed in lately, not sure what is available in manufacturing. Definitely talk to Greg, he got a good feel for what places are good places to live coming from what you guys are used to. Keep us posted and if you need any help, let me know.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Looking at the PHX/Scottsdale area.
Christian,

Been in Scottsdale for 2.5 years after moving out from the east coast. If you have any questions let me know and I will give you my best perspective. The family and I have enjoyed it out here.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was stationed in Tucson for 8 years and loved it! I would give anything to go back! If I had to choose between Scottsdale and Phoenix...I'd pick Scottsdale!

·
22,098 Posts
I was stationed in Tucson for 8 years and loved it! I would give anything to go back! If I had to choose between Scottsdale and Phoenix...I'd pick Scottsdale!
Must be all the nice people in Tucson. We welcome you with open arms.:bounce:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Yeah, Jim, why are you such a meaniehead!?! :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so... sounds like 85254 on the north side gets a lot of positive reviews. Now, please don't think we are some location snobs, we're just looking to get an idea of how the area lays out..
Also looks like Gilbert, souteast of 'town' is somewhat less expensive..is it just because it's a little farther away?

Quick Monster search is a little concerning as far as jobs, but we'll see. So, thanks again for the info so far..

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Gilbert has access to a major state route, however, it is pretty far from central phoenix AND the 60 has terrible traffic, even by NJ standards. Keep your eyes peeled on local classifieds and CL too for jobs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Having moved from Jersey via Mass to az 30 years ago thought I'd pop in to say I don't regret it and that phnx traffic sucks balls, must be all the jersey drivers.:thefinger:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts