JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here have a chopper? I had the opportunity to pilot a couple in the Army and have wanted one ever since.
If I added up all the money I've dumped into Jeeps over the years, I bet I could have built a spaceship by now!
But in all seriousness... anybody have one?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
On to the next project I see :thefinger:

IMO, it's one thing to drive something you've built...it's another thing to FLY something you've built. I'd be shitting my pants every time I took off in something like that :laughing:

·
Registered
915 Posts
There was a guy on this forum that used to work for NASA. I believe he built the Challenger himself. Might want to contact him. I believe he is suing a few people on this forum so you might have to hunt him down. :smokin:

·
Registered
821 Posts
A friend of mine and I are seriously thinking about starting a helicopter charter business. Maybe start out with a Robinson R44 and charter out to pipeline, power, and timber companies. Haven't decided whether we want to do the flying ourselves or hire a pilot. A pilot's license would cost one around $13k.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I was hesitant to take a dump in the toilet I installed, so there's no way in hell I'd trust a helicopter I put together myself.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My neighbor bought a Robinson 2 seater. He has some dough. Got his pilots license with seat time in his own copter. Flies it all the time to just get away from his wife and kids. Says its very cool, best toy he has ever had. And he has alot of them!! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My neighbor bought a Robinson 2 seater. He has some dough. Got his pilots license with seat time in his own copter. Flies it all the time to just get away from his wife and kids. Says its very cool, best toy he has ever had. And he has alot of them!! :laughing:
I definitely DO NOT have enough whip to buy one. But that sure would be sweet to have a 2-seater.
The plans for that Furia one are are pretty cheap and it would be awesome to gather parts over time and then actually build your own.
Of course I would have to incorporate a couple Jeep parts into it. Preferably nothing CANBUS related though, because then I would crash for sure!:nuke:

·
Registered
157 Posts
John Denver, nuff said :beer:
not raining on the anti-copter parade, but wasn't johnny d in a plane? have to say i think i've seen a ton more of chopper crash videos where people walked away than plane crashes, so hell go for it... :beer:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
What I have wanted for years is a Huey. I have a plan to purchase one and put it on floats. Lash a flatboat or kayaks under the belly. Slide both side doors and flip up a folding floor on hinges out each one with a custom tent on both. A generator and fridge/freezer, stove. The ultimate RV. "Hey look at that lake, let's camp out on it tonight".............when I win the lottery.:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts