JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
i watched it....then punched my dog in the face for being so bad and having it so good here, now im gonna make her watch the video so she can see how good she has it here.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
i watched it....then punched my dog in the face for being so bad and having it so good here, now im gonna make her watch the video so she can see how good she has it here.
damn that's funny

damn winter allergies

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yup, I cried.

Dogs have a very special place in my heart, especially ones rescued from shit like that. 9 out of 10 times, love the dog more than the human.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yup, I cried.

Dogs have a very special place in my heart, especially ones rescued from shit like that. 9 out of 10 times, love the dog more than the human.
Exactly, I've always been a HUGE dog supporter and never really looked into beagles in labs, I don't think we have to much of that down here in Orlando. I do a big part in pug rescues and Labradors and what not. Great video its good to make people aware of these things. :beer:

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Dammit...now how am I supposed to know if my shampoo will leave my hair soft and luscious?!?

Kidding...:hide:that was a nice video. And not nearly as "allergy-inducing" as those damn ASPCA videos with Sarah Mclachlan (or however you spell her name).

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^^ nahh that was pretty incredible. The part where he was hesitant to take his first steps made my franks red hot sauce a lot spicier...got the waterworks going.

Animals deserve nothing but love, more so than a lot of humans.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Nope, couldn't watch the video and felt sick just reading the article. Those dogs (and many like them) have no idea what they're in for and submit willingly HOPING humans will protect them. Can't do it... too much.

·
Registered
105 Posts
why dont they do that testing on death row inmates!?!?!?! if they get bad sick o well.
Maybe b/c miscarriages of justice do happen and some innocent people end up on death row. Imagine the backlash from testing on a DNA cleared, innocent inmate.

A much better solution which pharmaceutical companies use to this day is to set up 'free' clinics or something of the sort in 3rd world countries and give out the product. If something bad happens well, at least they won't be litigious Americans. Pay off the people a $100 and call it a day.

Companies can have their cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Cosmetics is one thing. But many of the modern medicines and treatments we all are thankful for only are here because they have passed vigorous testing. We feel testing on humans is unethical yet we NEED some way to make sure things are safe for use.

R & D goes from petri dishes to rats --> dogs --> monkeys and finally human trials.

Its very very sad but the alternative is risking your own family and friend's to an unknown foreign material.

Again this is for medical products. I dont feel cosmetics are worth the suffering of animals. Let the pretty people on the catwalks lose their hair or get rashes from maybeline or whatever

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, the pharmaceutical testing is needed. But I don't understand why they have to use dogs. Why can't they use those assholes in the Phelps family. It's about time they did something for society.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.